Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

ReputationRep:
    If so then what for ?
    I'm hoping to send my application off this week for Business/HR management!!

ReputationRep:
    i'm applying as an international exchange student for the next semester... havent gotten my official offer yet!

ReputationRep:
    Applied to Humanities, last year people were getting offers like a week after sending off application, unsure what is happening now?

Anyone know?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Xannny)
    Applied to Humanities, last year people were getting offers like a week after sending off application, unsure what is happening now?

Anyone know?
    I wouldn't worry too much about it, some people only start applying in January or even later so you are definitely on time! I guess at the moment they are perhaps working on applicants who are starting next semester in January. If you are a bit worried you can always just give them a ring to ask if they received your application yet. What are you studying again?

my tip of the day lol perhaps it's worth ringing the humanities help desk directly, they are the ones who will process the applications to the different subject leaders and stuff. You can contact them on (0044) (0)1707 285704.

Good luck!

ReputationRep:
    So far, all the correspondence I've had from the university is an e-mail stating that they have received my application.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by GBateman)
    So far, all the correspondence I've had from the university is an e-mail stating that they have received my application.
    If you are worried about your application you can always give them a ring just to make sure everything is alright!

ReputationRep:
    I don't think it's been a week yet, but coming close to it. How long does it take (on average) to hear back from them?

ReputationRep:
    Yes i sent my application on the 19th November

Received an email telling me they've received my application on the 30th November
    Received an offer on the 2nd December

so about 2 weeks

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by iamgrace)
    Yes i sent my application on the 19th November

Received an email telling me they've received my application on the 30th November
    Received an offer on the 2nd December

so about 2 weeks
    ah congrats!
    what did you apply for?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Crazee')
    ah congrats!
    what did you apply for?
    Mass Communications I'm torn between offers though so i don't know if i will go to Hertfordshire and thanks

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by GBateman)
    When did you sent your application off?

I sent mine a month ago & i still haven't recieved an acknowledgement from them :|

ReputationRep:
    I've applied to study there for a semester abroad starting in January. I'd be leaving in like 6 weeks and I still haven't gotten anything thing official yet. Making me nervous. =/

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by natali1234)
    When did you sent your application off?

I sent mine a month ago & i still haven't recieved an acknowledgement from them :|
    Mine got submitted by my college on monday of last week if I remember correctly. I've had an e-mail saying they have received the application but that is as far as it goes.

Drop them an e-mail or something if you're worried

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by gallifreyGirl)
    I've applied to study there for a semester abroad starting in January. I'd be leaving in like 6 weeks and I still haven't gotten anything thing official yet. Making me nervous. =/
    SAME HERE!!! i was told that we should hear back within the next week or 2 ... apparently it is normally for it to be this late.. i'm a little nervous as well! Where are you coming from?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by tbear)
    SAME HERE!!! i was told that we should hear back within the next week or 2 ... apparently it is normally for it to be this late.. i'm a little nervous as well! Where are you coming from?
    weeeee! i got mine! yay..... I'm coming from West Virginia in the US. hows about you?

ReputationRep:
    weeeee! i got mine! yay..... I'm coming from West Virginia in the US. hows about you?
    which course have you applied?

ReputationRep:
    Computing and philosophy. I'm taking Principles of Artificial Life and AI, The Human the Screen and their interactions, Philosophy of Mind, and The Right and the Good. I'm really excited.

ReputationRep:
    wow... im soo happy to see people studying such subjects, interested in deep global things like philosophy of mind and development of AI (latter have a lot of ideology and philosophical aspects).

Herts is also great for having these subjects for students too i think

ReputationRep:
    Has anyone got an offer from hertz for business studies, business economics, economics or accounting and finance yet?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by ,,,,)
    Has anyone got an offer from hertz for business studies, business economics, economics or accounting and finance yet?
    aah i'm always applying for the business school too!
    good luck

• See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    What newspaper do you read/prefer?
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.