The Student Room Group

Personal statement, help!

Ok basically I done my personal statement, got my reference etc, now the problem is I had this feeling all long that, even though I'm applying to business/media courses, I fear the personal statement is touching quite alot onto media, can it really affect my chance on business courses etc, I have applied to :frown:?
Reply 1
Original post by Scarce2324
Ok basically I done my personal statement, got my reference etc, now the problem is I had this feeling all long that, even though I'm applying to business/media courses, I fear the personal statement is touching quite alot onto media, can it really affect my chance on business courses etc, I have applied to :frown:?

Yes they will not only reject you but because of the shame and dishoner you have brought upon them, they will come round your house and bone your dog.
Lol honestly if it's sent away then I wouldn't worry about it, it's done now. Plus it's a joint course so there's no need to worry as long as you have shown some passion!
Reply 2
Meh, couldn't of used a better terminology could ya'?
On a serious note, so if it's media dependant personal statement and it went to a business admission tutor, they wouldn't think of anything less about it then?
just work the following line in: "Pick me! i'm so ****ing fantastic i piss glitter". Guaranteed unconditional.
Reply 4
As far as I know from what my college has told us it doesn't matter if you have put lots of information about one subject and a bit less on the other as long as you demonstrate how much you want to study both subjects and explain why.
Reply 5
Thank you very much, I was hoping so as well :smile:
Do you mean you've applied for business single honours and media single honours? If it's this then you will be severely disadvantaged I'm afraid - the business admissions tutors will wonder why you're talking about media and vice versa. If it's joint honours, then really 50% of your PS should be dedicated to each. However, joint honours are usually less popular, so it may be ok. If you haven't sent it off yet, you can still change it tho
Reply 7
But ... where's the Lion King? :frown:

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending