Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free
    • Thread Starter

    Hey guys, I was wondering if I could get some advice on what to do about a little issue.

    I'm 17 and in my last year at high school, and unfortunately I live in a very rough part of Edinburgh. I never had a problem with the place I lived in until I got jumped about 3 months ago by someone who used to go to my school, someone who was a bully to most but like a lot of the "Cool kids" of first year, left in fourth (for simplicity I'll call him A). I used to be bullied by someone who hung around with the latter (B). B dissapeared for about a year, and only recently he's been making a reappearance - he now hangs around with A like he used to. When I was coming home with friends after enjoying the snow , A and B appeared and proceeded to pelt my friends and with snowballs (yeah, we could've easily pelted back but we didn't), and followed us for about a mile into a mcdonalds and waited beside our table, watching us and making indiscreet comments such as "You shouldnae stab him! He might grass us!". A, as I've heard, has done many illegal things (stupidly he brags about most of them on facebook). When he jumped me I was unfortunate to have no witnesses, but today I have 3 along with myself about the incident that happened. It may not seem like such a big deal, but if I had retaliated in any way, A would've no doubt pulled a knife out (*for the record, B is cannot fight on his own, and I guess the only reason he hangs around with A is because he's equally sadistic and has no friends to protect him*).

    What I'm really wondering is, should I report this? It may seem pussy like to do so, but it is a form of psychological intimidation - I'm also worried as those *******s happen to know where I live. I shouldn't have to be afraid whilst I live in my own home. I would love to seem them rot in jail, but they're not exactly going to go to jail for a long time for what they did today, and as i've said I have no witnesses for what happened 3 months ago (although I did report it). What should I do? I just want a point in what everyone thinks is the right direction. Thank you.

    (Sorry about the tl;dr style of this post)
Submit reply
TSR Support Team

We have a brilliant team of more than 60 Support Team members looking after discussions on The Student Room, helping to make it a fun, safe and useful place to hang out.

Updated: November 30, 2010
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

    You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

  • Poll
    Will you be richer or poorer than your parents?
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

    You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

  • The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

    Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

    Quick reply
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.