Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

I can't stop crying. Watch

I'm going to keep this short and to the point.

I've liked a girl for three and a half years, we were really good friends at one point. Now I don't see her often and we're distant but she recently got a boyfriend.

This tore me apart and I cried a lot at first. But I thought over time I'd get over it. It's a few months later and I saw her write something about her bf over facebook I just broke down in tears

I honestly love her and I don't want anyone else. I've never felt this way about anyone and I just want her so badly. The obvious answer is to tell her how I feel but I can't because of a very awkward factor.

The thing that makes me cry the most I guess is that it's sinking in that I will never ever be with her and my life will only feel complete with her. This sounds so stupid and fake but she is amazing and I honestly love her. But I can't be with her so I should just forget about her and let her be happy, but that's impossible

I hate this so much I'd rather be dead.

ReputationRep:
    Sounds harsh but.... get over it.

Nothing else you can do.

ReputationRep:
    Man up.

Get a hobby.
    • TSR Support Team

ReputationRep:
    Well, if you can't have her, then no one can. Do what you must.

ReputationRep:
    Man up son!

ReputationRep:
    you know you only have a certain amount of tears for life?
    When people die they are nearing the end of their tear thread, so a lack thereof doesn't affect them.

I'm afraid, though, if you cry too much too young you will die of DTD (Dehydration & Tear Deprivation)

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Anonymous)

I've liked a girl for three and a half years, we were really good friends at one point. Now I don't see her often and we're distant but she recently got a boyfriend.

This tore me apart and I cried a lot at first. But I thought over time I'd get over it. It's a few months later and I saw her write something about her bf over facebook I just broke down in tears

I honestly love her and I don't want anyone else. I've never felt this way about anyone and I just want her so badly. The obvious answer is to tell her how I feel but I can't because of a very awkward factor.

The thing that makes me cry the most I guess is that it's sinking in that I will never ever be with her and my life will only feel complete with her. This sounds so stupid and fake but she is amazing and I honestly love her. But I can't be with her so I should just forget about her and let her be happy, but that's impossible

Oh no, that sounds horrible. Im so sorry
    I know this is easier said than done but you have to get over her. I know it's really hard, I can totally relate since I know what it is like when you think you're over someone but then something so little brings it all back.
    You should cry it all out, like literally take some hours to be really down and sad about it and then start doing little things that cheer you up. Eventually, you will get over her.
    It's a long and hard journey but it has to be done.
    I hope it works out for you. Good luck :hugs:

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Anonymous)

Bit extreme, no?

If you want closure, just tell her how you felt and its better after so long as you articulate it well enough

ReputationRep:
    If you loved her this much for three and a half years, why didn't you do something before now? Before she had a boyfriend?

Sounds a bit like you want something now because you can't have it...

I did this. I had a crush on a guy for ages... he then got a girlfriend and I suddenly become obsessed and pined for him for a year.
    I then woke up and realised he wasn't all that and there were other nice guys out there

I'm sure you will feel the same soon.

ReputationRep:
    Why can't you tell her? What is this "awkward factor" that you speak of? Have you EVER told her?

Feel free to message me if you wish.

ReputationRep:
    I know the feeling. Set phasers from stun to kill.

ReputationRep:
    People telling him to 'man up' need to...stfu...

You're only perpetuating a vicious societal stereotype that says men can't openly talk about their feelings. If people are wondering why the young male suicide rate is so high they only need to look at the ridicule expressed by some people in this thread, he is in pain - he came here for help.

Back on topic, I would advise you to seek emotional support as you make your way through this evidently troubling time and take every day as it comes, you never know - tomorrow things could seem much better !

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by secret_smile)
    If you loved her this much for three and a half years, why didn't you do something before now? Before she had a boyfriend?

Sounds a bit like you want something now because you can't have it...

I did this. I had a crush on a guy for ages... he then got a girlfriend and I suddenly become obsessed and pined for him for a year.
    I then woke up and realised he wasn't all that and there were other nice guys out there

I'm sure you will feel the same soon.

....hmmmmmmmmmmm.
    • PS Helper

ReputationRep:
    aww that sucks im sorry!! honestly just concentrate on your own life for now, youll find someone better (i know you dont think that right now but you will!)

ReputationRep:
    Is the awkward factor that she's your sister?

ReputationRep:
    TELL HERR THENNNN

jheeeeeeeeeeeez

ReputationRep:
    you sound like a bloody girl.

jeez men these days, one worries.

ReputationRep:
    How old are you? You know what they say.....The early bird gets the worm....but....The second mouse gets the cheese....I don't like girls who smell of cheese. What I'm saying is she might break up with him and you can get in there.I dunno about telling her though.Her BF might batter you. You should pack a glock...forgive me I was born in Liverpool...but If the guys a pussy spill your heart out to her.
    Good Luck Tom

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by paddyraggy1993)
    People telling him to 'man up' need to...stfu...

You're only perpetuating a vicious societal stereotype that says men can't openly talk about their feelings. If people are wondering why the young male suicide rate is so high they only need to look at the ridicule expressed by some people in this thread, he is in pain - he came here for help.

Back on topic, I would advise you to seek emotional support as you make your way through this evidently troubling time and take every day as it comes, you never know - tomorrow things could seem much better !
    you need to man up as well tbh

ReputationRep:
    Not sure why but I pictured Simon from The Inbetweeners when I read the "This sounds so stupid and fake but she is amazing and I honestly love her" bit.

Submit reply
TSR Support Team

We have a brilliant team of more than 60 Support Team members looking after discussions on The Student Room, helping to make it a fun, safe and useful place to hang out.

Updated: February 17, 2011
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    What newspaper do you read/prefer?
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.