Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

I feel like I can't cope with life anymore Watch

Basically there's so many things going on that are getting to me right now. I suffer from a bone problem which makes daily life difficult as it is. But now my dad has lost his job through his own fault, he has told my mum he has been having an affair and has spent all his money and run up thousand of pounds of debt. He has told me that he doesn't love me and everyday I remind him of the mistake he made marrying my mum and having me and my brother. my mum is devastated because of his affair. and i am so upset that he hates me and i dont know why i have always tried to be a good daughter but he has made it so difficult always telling me that im stupid and lazy. he has never wanted to give money or buy presents for my mum or me or my brother but he spends thousands on his other women. he won't let me go out with my friends or have any social life cos he says we have to save money but he goes out all the time. i feel so devastated by this situation i am really scared about the future and because i have health problems i don't think i will ever be able to leave and get away from him. it feels like the only way out is dying.

ReputationRep:
    That is awful and I am sorry that you are going through that. His verbal abuse could end up really damaging your self esteem so I hope that you can get away. Is your mum not willing to leave him? is she in a position to? Are there any relatives who you could talk to?

Submit reply
TSR Support Team

We have a brilliant team of more than 60 Support Team members looking after discussions on The Student Room, helping to make it a fun, safe and useful place to hang out.

Updated: November 30, 2010
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    Did TEF Bronze Award affect your UCAS choices?
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.