Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

Anon just incase, never know who's lurking about.

Anyways....

What would you say about a couple where the girl is taller than the guy?

Is it alright if he's only a bit shorter? or is it still fine, even if he's a bit more significantly shorter? - and if so, what would you count as 'significantly shorter'?

ReputationRep:
    Erm, does it matter? If you like him just go out with him - there's no handguide as to who you should date :/

ReputationRep:
    I wouldn't say anything about it if they were people I saw.

If it was my relationship, I'd prefer it that way.

ReputationRep:
    I wouldn't care, love is love and height has nothing to do with real affection between two people.

ReputationRep:
    :facepalm: this thread has been done to death, no you will not get shot for being shorter than your GF.

You may get a lampost up the arse if you don't accept and be confident with your height. I'm 5ft6 and i would happily date any guy between 5ft1 and 6ft5 give or take 7 inches. Height doesn't and shouldn't matter. It's you i'm interested in.

ReputationRep:
    i'd lol

ReputationRep:
    it usually means he's submissive and likes dominant women. the whole point of being a man is to lead and take charge of your woman.

Btw, just to clear this up - I'm not asking weather I should care or anything like that. I don't care.

Just was wondering what other opinions were - because to be honest, I've had a bit of abuse for going with a shorter guy. And it surprised me, that so many people are still narrow minded. ;/

Submit reply
TSR Support Team

We have a brilliant team of more than 60 Support Team members looking after discussions on The Student Room, helping to make it a fun, safe and useful place to hang out.

Updated: November 30, 2010
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    What newspaper do you read/prefer?
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.