Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

ReputationRep:
    Does anyone know average prices for food in Starbucks? As in...sandwiches/paninis start at X and go up to X ? I'm taking a friend to Starbucks tomorrow and I'd like to know around how much to have prepared.

thanks!

ReputationRep:
    The food is awful

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Fusion)
    The food is awful
    Seriously? I've never tried it, but looks good on their site.
    http://starbucks.co.uk/en-GB/_Food/S...arbucks+UK.htm

I'm drooling at some of the pictures, and it's hard to imagine what can go wrong in a croque monsieur for example. Please do tell more, and prices if you know? Thx
    • PS Helper

ReputationRep:
    PS Helper
    (Original post by iLoveRandomness)
    Seriously? I've never tried it, but looks good on their site.
    http://starbucks.co.uk/en-GB/_Food/S...arbucks+UK.htm

I'm drooling at some of the pictures, and it's hard to imagine what can go wrong in a croque monsieur for example. Please do tell more, and prices if you know? Thx
    The food at Starbucks is horribly overpriced, and not usually very fresh or tasty. If you need to go to one of those big coffee chains to eat, then I would recommend Pret-a-manger above Nero, Starbucks, or any others. Hands down. They make all their stuff fresh every day, and they have a good selection of stuff with really high quality ingredients.

ReputationRep:
    Go to pret a manger. At least they prepare the food freshly.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by T-o dore)
    The food at Starbucks is horribly overpriced, and not usually very fresh or tasty. If you need to go to one of those big coffee chains to eat, then I would recommend Pret-a-manger above Nero, Starbucks, or any others. Hands down. They make all their stuff fresh every day, and they have a good selection of stuff with really high quality ingredients.
    Ok, I get it, expensive and not even worth it. I'm not keen on eating there, the reason I wanted food in Starbucks is...well, it's a tad complicated and stupid. I became friends with this guy who comes from a culture where it's shameful to eat out and let the girl pay her bit, and he thus took me out twice, and I feel bad, so I almost persuaded him into going to Starbucks and pay with my card so he won't look bad and l get to pay it. It would have been nice to have coffee and something else as well, maybe I'll go for some dessert? Or is all food bad?

And btw....could anyone give me any price to form an idea?

Oh, and I had a toastie at Pret-a-manger, pretty decent I'd say.

ReputationRep:
    Pret is much nicer than Starbucks.

From what I remember food in Starbucks is roughly £3-4 for savoury stuff.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by lolimemma)
    Pret is much nicer than Starbucks.

From what I remember food in Starbucks is roughly £3-4 for savoury stuff.
    Thanks, finally someone has some figures.
    • PS Helper

ReputationRep:
    PS Helper
    (Original post by iLoveRandomness)
    Thanks, finally someone has some figures.
    Well, obviously it depends what you get, but as a rule sandwiches and cafe-type-food prices aren't going to vary THAT much. Maybe up to 5 or 6 quid per person as the maximum. Why do you need exact figures?!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by T-o dore)
    Well, obviously it depends what you get, but as a rule sandwiches and cafe-type-food prices aren't going to vary THAT much. Maybe up to 5 or 6 quid per person as the maximum. Why do you need exact figures?!
    I didn't need exact, but a range, or just any example. I don't know prices everywhere, as I don't go to Nero,Costa, Pret-a-manger almost never and only go to Starbucks for coffee occasionally. And yes sandwiches price can vary, eg: they're around £2-3 in mc'D, which makes it half of what you said about Starbucks.

You can't have me asking a question about prices at Starbucks, getting a bit of off-topic answers such as go to another place, and then ask me why am I not happy with the answers.

The food is obscenely expensive for what you get. It's a sign of everything that's wrong with Western culture. I was disgusted tbph.

ReputationRep:
    The cakes and stuff are around £2

ReputationRep:
    Overpriced food which is probably cheaper at Tesco.

ReputationRep:
    I usually opt for a marmite and cheese panini which is £2.50 (yummy if you like marmite), but most things are about £4 or £3.50. And the coffee is lush, especially with the christmas ones out now. So I'd say about £6 per person. If you want to take the guy out for dinner, maybe use a voucher elsewhere like Pizza Expres or GBK (that's if you don't mind using vouchers, there's loads out there).

ReputationRep:
    God, this is so typical.

ReputationRep:
    waaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaay overpriced.. get your drinks at starbucks and then go somewhere else to eat after or the other way round :P

ReputationRep:
    I quite like Starbucks sandwiches although rarely go but the panini's are nice, I'd say £3-4 each.

• See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    Would you like to hibernate through the winter months?
    Useful resources
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.