Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

Need to purchase a cheap version of MS Word Watch

ReputationRep:
    Need to buy a cheap version of Microsoft Word for my laptop. Any ideas Where a could purchase it?:confused:

ReputationRep:
    Purchase...software, LOL. Oh you so 1999

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by HughHugh)
    Need to buy a cheap version of Microsoft Word for my laptop. Any ideas Where a could purchase it?:confused:
    http://www.software4students.co.uk/
    Probably your best bet if you're a student.

ReputationRep:
    Open Office.

ReputationRep:
    Open Office.

Free, in the old style of word (at least mine is). And it works just fine.

You can save files in Word format so that you can open them on Word fine. OpenOffice ftw.

ReputationRep:
    yup open office is the best one thats similar to word...and it's free

ReputationRep:
    You can use the online version of Microsoft Word for free if you have a Windows Live account.
    http://office.live.com

What are your requirments exactly? Does it have to be actually installed on your computer? Does it have to specifically be Microsoft Word and not OpenOffice, Microsoft Works etc.? Do you need a specific set of special features, or do you just need to type ordinary text?

ReputationRep:
    I also say Open Office.

ReputationRep:
    No I've got Open Office but it's pretty useless as I can't convert Word files into Open Office files and vice versa.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by HughHugh)
    No I've got Open Office but it's pretty useless as I can't convert Word files into Open Office files and vice versa.
    I was under the impression that OpenOffice can open and save documents in .doc format, so there's no need for any file conversion?

ReputationRep:
    what happens when you try this?

1. start open office wordprocessor
    2. open a word file with it

ReputationRep:
    Your company (if you work or ask your parents) may be entitled to the Microsoft Home Use Program which would give you Office 2010 for £8.95, so it's definitely worth checking: http://www.microsofthup.com/hupuk/ho...?culture=en-GB

• See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    Did TEF Bronze Award affect your UCAS choices?
    Useful resources

Articles:

The Student Room tech wikiTech forum guidelines

Quick link:

Unanswered technology and computers threads

Sponsored features:

Web Legend

Win a Macbook Air!

Blog about setting up a website for a chance to win in our Web Legend competition.

Groups associated with this forum:

View associated groups
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.