Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

ReputationRep:
    Hello students. I'm a 16 year old currently doing my A levels outside the UK and I'm interested in studying mechatronics. I'll be writing my final exams next year in July. Ever since my O levels I have been interested in studying in the UK. I made my choices before I started my A levels and even started recruiting my friends to join me there. I picked Manchester, Sheffield, Liverpool, Leeds and Southampton as my 5 choices. I havn't submitted my UCAS application yet but I was really ecstatic about studying in the UK. Unfortunately after the increase in fees and a financial slump my dad's going through, he says he won't be able to finance my studies in the UK. Not only am I heartbroken but now I'm completely stumped on picking another place to study. Does anyone know of any good places anywhere in the world that offer programs in mechatronics and considers A level transfers? or any universities in the UK that are unaffected by the increase in fees or are still affordable? or any British universities anywhere else in the world?........ I know it might be short notice but guys please help me out here, I'm a really bright student (7A*s 1A and 1B). I'm also a really big dreamer and I want the best chance at making a future for myself. If one of you have to adopt me I'd be totally okay with it

please help me out. this is really emotional for me
    :bawling:

ReputationRep:
    in which country are u studyin? Most countries have different methods of assesing qualifications from outside. Anyway the other thing is that as you would be classed as an foreign/overseas student your fees would be higher than for home students.I am studying biomedical engineering and pay £9000/yr at my Uni as a foreign student and this is similar to whats being charged by other unis for engineering and related disciplines all over the UK.There are some good unis in Canada,i know a few people there doing engineering courses but i dont know about the fees,so if you are interested you can get into contact with the World University Service of Canada and they may be able to help you.They have branches all over the world and you may find one in your region.Hope this helps.

ReputationRep:
    I've answered one here. So what do you say?

http://www.thestudentroom.co.uk/show....php?t=1478578

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by jpcaesar1989)
    in which country are u studyin? Most countries have different methods of assesing qualifications from outside. Anyway the other thing is that as you would be classed as an foreign/overseas student your fees would be higher than for home students.I am studying biomedical engineering and pay £9000/yr at my Uni as a foreign student and this is similar to whats being charged by other unis for engineering and related disciplines all over the UK.There are some good unis in Canada,i know a few people there doing engineering courses but i dont know about the fees,so if you are interested you can get into contact with the World University Service of Canada and they may be able to help you.They have branches all over the world and you may find one in your region.Hope this helps.
    I'm studying Edexcel A levels in Zambia. Which uni are you at? And how much is the accomodation?

ReputationRep:
    HI,sorry for the late reply. Unfortunately the Uni does not offer mechatronics,Im in London(City University). Accommodation is quite expensive here, from about £107-160 per week which is similar to other Unis in London. Private accommodation is not that expensive but I would not recommend it if you are new to London.You can check out Leeds,Sheffield, Lancaster,Manchester,Middlesex Universities they offer mechatronics. A Level students usually go straight into the course but since im not sure about the Excel A Level I dont know which criteria they are gonna use.They may require you to do a 1 year foundation course but its highly unlikely.

• See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    What newspaper do you read/prefer?
    Useful resources
    US study forum

Accommodation profiles:

iQ Student Accommodation

iQ Student Accommodation

Great value student rooms in city centre locations all across the UK

X1 Lettings

X1 Lettings

Luxury student accommodation in Liverpool & Manchester.

Collegiate Accommodation

Collegiate Accommodation

"This is student living. Just better."

Scape Student Living

Study Inn

Providing stunning high quality, boutique student accommodation throughout the UK

The Student Housing Company

The Student Housing Company

Award-winning student accommodation - voted by 22,000 students.

Groups associated with this forum:

View associated groups
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.