Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

ReputationRep:
    Got my regiment fitness test comin up and just want to know what minimum requirements are.

Got told by a recruiter that someone recently did a 9.30min run, 40 press ups in a min and 40 sit ups and didn't pass.

This was a massive shock as I have thought, up to now, its 10.30min and about 20 of each.

My question is, is the information he's given me correct or is it 'scare tactics' to try encourage me?

Cheers for any and all help cos its put me really on edge

ReputationRep:
    My memory tells me the numbers aren't correct, but I don't want to guess what they are, so just check the RAF website for the information, surely you can't get any more accurate information than from their website?

Heads up, you will be fine!

EDIT: Here, this is what I've just found: http://www.raf.mod.uk/careers/applic...tnesstests.cfm

EDIT2: I actually looked at the web page for a bit longer and noticed that it doesn't give you much information about the tests; sorry for this useless input!
    • CV Helper

ReputationRep:
    You need to go along and just give it your very best effort. If you can't do closer to 40 pressups and sit ups in a minute, you are pretty unfit. There are so few places for recruiting now, they can afford to be even more picky than ever, so you need to give it everything to prove you are worth it.

ReputationRep:
    Cheers lads, I'll post back here after I've got results.

Thanks again

ReputationRep:
    Just give it your best shot, listen to what the instructors inform you they require / expect and then go for it.

If you do get in but don't enjoy the fitness stuff, there used to be the old saying;

If you're lazy and overweight
    Go and join 58

( Sorry to all the guys on 58 Sqn )

Goodluck and hope you become a Rockape in the near future !

ReputationRep:
    Cheers for all help.

Despite having a bad flu and bein off training for a gd few weeks I passed.....only just but a pass is a pass

Next step is selection and back to gym 3days a week so I should be ok on that.

Thanks again lads

ReputationRep:
    what time did you run?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Tomm0123)
    Cheers for all help.

Despite having a bad flu and bein off training for a gd few weeks I passed.....only just but a pass is a pass

Next step is selection and back to gym 3days a week so I should be ok on that.

Thanks again lads
    what time you do? and pressups and situps?

ReputationRep:
    Why would you want to join such a mong of a regiment apart from to pretend you are special forces with M4 carbines

• See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    Did TEF Bronze Award affect your UCAS choices?
    Useful resources

Articles:

Guide to the armed forcesGuide to the Royal Air ForceA job in the Army

Featured recruiter profiles:

Army logo

The Army is recruiting now

"With hundreds of roles available, there’s more than one way to be the best."

Quick Link:

Unanswered Armed Forces Threads

Groups associated with this forum:

View associated groups
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.