Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

ReputationRep:
    i am due a new app or two on my iphone 4, so peoples suggestions will be much appreciated. it can be a game or a news app, whatever, as long as you like it.

ReputationRep:
    I must admit I'm a compulsive app buyer, having purchased about 300 or 400 apps in the past two years (nearly all of which are games). Some of my all-time favourites with prices (they're not listed in any particular order):

Plants Vs Zombies (£1.79) - probably one of the best executed games on the iOS platform, utterly charming and engaging - this is a cut above the rest

Angry Birds (£0.59) - the champion of all games when it comes to sales, this is a lovely timewaster that will keep you going back for more; the originial is better than the Halloween edition

Mr.Aahh!! (FREE) - this was a paid app for years until this month, I cannot recommend it enough. So simple yet addictive

Charadium (FREE) - this is being phased out by We Doodle but Charadium is so much better; my friends and I used to host a multiplayer game every afternoon last year, hours of endless fun. Alas, the paid ad-free version is gone from the app store

Subway Shuffle (£1.19) - arguably one of the most challenging and fun puzzle games on the iOS platform (if not ever!), you can try the Lite version first to see if this is your thing - no one has ever completed the last level in the optimal solution; it's that difficult

Snail Mail (£1.19) - undoubtedly the most fun racing game as you're a snail instead of a car, excellent intuitive controls too

Solipskier (£1.79) - this has become another obsession of mine, it's a simple port of the free Flash game (Google it to play online on your PC) but the touch controls really take the game to whole new levels of fun; I can't get enough of this one

Rolando (£1.79) - the first great game on the iPhone, this was a legend back in the early days and still loads of fun

Rage HD (£1.19) - purely for the awe-inspiring graphics, this is a game to try (the non-HD version is 59p if you don't have an iPhone4/iPod Touch 4G or just don't care about graphics)

Peggle (£1.79) - again, a beautifully simple port of the original PC game, this will undoubtedly make you smile when the music plays at the end of the level

N.O.V.A. (£2.99) - I didn't play this very much until the update for retina graphics and gyroscope support, and it looks gorgeous and plays incredibly well as the gyroscopic control adds a whole new level of gameplay

Sally's Salon (£0.59) - there's no shortage of time management apps but this is a great one and cheap

Flight Control (£0.59) - arguably the first app store 'superstar' that dominated the charts for a long time, this is still an incredible game of strategy and control

Cut The Rope (£0.59) - a fun, Angry Birds-esque game that recently hit the app store, definitely worth buying

Doodle Jump (£0.59) - how could I not mention this one? The replayability factor here is definitely its USP

Cube Runner (FREE) - this was one of the first games on the app store and is technically very basic, but so enjoyable and free, so why not

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by i.am.lost)
    I must admit I'm a compulsive app buyer, having purchased about 300 or 400 apps in the past two years (nearly all of which are games). Some of my all-time favourites with prices (they're not listed in any particular order):

Plants Vs Zombies (£1.79) - probably one of the best executed games on the iOS platform, utterly charming and engaging - this is a cut above the rest

Angry Birds (£0.59) - the champion of all games when it comes to sales, this is a lovely timewaster that will keep you going back for more; the originial is better than the Halloween edition

Mr.Aahh!! (FREE) - this was a paid app for years until this month, I cannot recommend it enough. So simple yet addictive

Charadium (FREE) - this is being phased out by We Doodle but Charadium is so much better; my friends and I used to host a multiplayer game every afternoon last year, hours of endless fun. Alas, the paid ad-free version is gone from the app store

Subway Shuffle (£1.19) - arguably one of the most challenging and fun puzzle games on the iOS platform (if not ever!), you can try the Lite version first to see if this is your thing - no one has ever completed the last level in the optimal solution; it's that difficult

Snail Mail (£1.19) - undoubtedly the most fun racing game as you're a snail instead of a car, excellent intuitive controls too

Solipskier (£1.79) - this has become another obsession of mine, it's a simple port of the free Flash game (Google it to play online on your PC) but the touch controls really take the game to whole new levels of fun; I can't get enough of this one

Rolando (£1.79) - the first great game on the iPhone, this was a legend back in the early days and still loads of fun

Rage HD (£1.19) - purely for the awe-inspiring graphics, this is a game to try (the non-HD version is 59p if you don't have an iPhone4/iPod Touch 4G or just don't care about graphics)

Peggle (£1.79) - again, a beautifully simple port of the original PC game, this will undoubtedly make you smile when the music plays at the end of the level

N.O.V.A. (£2.99) - I didn't play this very much until the update for retina graphics and gyroscope support, and it looks gorgeous and plays incredibly well as the gyroscopic control adds a whole new level of gameplay

Sally's Salon (£0.59) - there's no shortage of time management apps but this is a great one and cheap

Flight Control (£0.59) - arguably the first app store 'superstar' that dominated the charts for a long time, this is still an incredible game of strategy and control

Cut The Rope (£0.59) - a fun, Angry Birds-esque game that recently hit the app store, definitely worth buying

Doodle Jump (£0.59) - how could I not mention this one? The replayability factor here is definitely its USP

Cube Runner (FREE) - this was one of the first games on the app store and is technically very basic, but so enjoyable and free, so why not
    i actually have all of those games apart from a few. doodle jump never gets old, flight control is timeless (i bought it centuries ago), and i completed rage hd within an hour of getting it. i was never a big fan of angry birds though, and i have cut the rope on my phone but havent really got into it yet. you obviously like puzzle games!

have you tried need for speed hot pursuit yet? it really is good. i would also highly recommend modern combat 2, dark nebula 2 and galaxy on fire 2; they really are excellent. also try zombie highway and reckless racing. you wont be let down!

ReputationRep:
    iFart :mmm:

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by KNOB-head)
    have you tried need for speed hot pursuit yet? it really is good. i would also highly recommend modern combat 2, dark nebula 2 and galaxy on fire 2; they really are excellent. also try zombie highway and reckless racing. you wont be let down!
    DN2 and GoF2 are really good, especially Nebula. I gotta say MC2 fell short of my expectations in terms of gameplay.

I haven't bought NfS Hot Pursuit yet cos I've bought about a dozen games in thanksgiving sales so I'm still playing them for now. I'm LOVING the update EA released for Need for Speed Shift today though, giving it jizztastic retina graphics.

Have you bought the new(ish) Sonic 4 game? It was pretty well-made.

ReputationRep:
    For me is
    1. ESPN
    2. angrybird
    3. paypal

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by i.am.lost)
    DN2 and GoF2 are really good, especially Nebula. I gotta say MC2 fell short of my expectations in terms of gameplay.

I haven't bought NfS Hot Pursuit yet cos I've bought about a dozen games in thanksgiving sales so I'm still playing them for now. I'm LOVING the update EA released for Need for Speed Shift today though, giving it jizztastic retina graphics.

Have you bought the new(ish) Sonic 4 game? It was pretty well-made.
    i have bought sonic 4, and i didnt enjoy it in the slightest! its a bit too funky for me. maybe i'll give it another crack at some point.

ReputationRep:
    Games

Cut the Rope
    Field Runners

Music

Sound Hound

Other

Autotrader
    Rightmove
    eBay
    Flashlight

Social

Facebook
    Beejive

ReputationRep:
    I dont like angry birds too - i reckon it appeals to the masses cos its really easy and involves no strategy - its just flicking a bird thing

CUT THE ROPE IS AMAZING - play it, you'll love it

ReputationRep:
    I like WorldCard Mobile app for business cards management. I can scan all my business cards and organize the details within sometime. It's avoid me to typing contacts one by one into my iPhone contacts.

ReputationRep:
    Hey guys, I would like to share that my favourite app WorldCard Contacts(add on for WorldCard Mobile) come up with some interesting options. Just updated the version, now I can enlarge the business card's images and re-edit. Also got some good option like transferring files btw PC and iPhone.

Ahhh I've become addicted to Apps :ninjagirl:. My fav. are the hidden object games and Sallys salon, love them.

ReputationRep:
      IMDB app. I torture myself during movies about who's been in what, so I can check their filmography using the app. It's real helpful

ReputationRep:
      CYDIA

Omg - Bop It app= brilliant :-D......

• See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
      Did TEF Bronze Award affect your UCAS choices?
      Useful resources

Quick link:

Unanswered mobile phones threads

Groups associated with this forum:

View associated groups
    • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
      Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.