Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

ReputationRep:
    what rubbish these red diper doper babies , lentil eating hippies spout about foxes not being a threat to humans.

I just had one bloody chase me when I ran past it on a run. I thought it might be coincidence so I crossed the road and the bloody thing followed me. I looked round and the thing ran into someones front garden and tried I think to attack me from the side.

So there I am sprinting in the fuking snow and ice with a chuffing fox chasing after me. It's a good thing I was wearing my icebugs or I would have slipped and the thing would have taken a chunk out of me.

I am not animal expert,we don't apparently have much rabies in this country,so maybe it was attracted to me scent ,me running or perhaps it noticed fear in my eyes when it chased after me I have no clue.

But I now seriously do believe they are capable of attacking people, Iam a 6ft 4 man, who goes to the gym six times a week, I can certainly see how one might find a toddler tasty. Now would have eaten me? no but it would have meant a trip up the doctors for jabs.

I go for a quiet run ,if it isn't drunken chavs, silly drunken girls ,or on one occasion a psychotic badger ,now it's predatory foxes? wtf? What is happening to this country? will we have wolfs roaming the streets at some point?

Iam contacting the council and if they don't take what I say serious Iam going straight to the Daily Mail. The want to bring fox hunting back , they would love this story.

ReputationRep:
    The fact that you used the word 'chuffing' - amazing.

ReputationRep:
    You have no idea what it was doing, you just assumed the worst. It may not have wanted to bite you, it may have been simply territorial behaviour. I've had badgers give me grief when i was on my way to work, wild animals are just trying to live in whatever bits of land we've not yet contaminated or claimed for ourselves :/

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Ministerdonut)
    , Iam a 6ft 4 man, who goes to the gym six times a week,
    Probably decided it wasn't going to stick around to meet what you're running away from so it went the same direction.

ReputationRep:
    L O L...

ReputationRep:
    Oh how terrible for you, you ought to have shot the little *******, I'll go to the Daily Mail for you

ReputationRep:
    Ahaha.

ReputationRep:
    Well if foxes are anything like my cat... he'll follow anything that's moving. He's just quite curious. It's like when you point at something and he follows your hand!

ReputationRep:
    Foxes are incredibly crafty and extremely bad ass one slip and he'd of been taking a kit kat chunky out of your arm, i'll get the horses you get the hounds we've got a job to do.... To the hindenpeter!!

ReputationRep:
    I find it quite amusing that a 6ft4 man would be scared by a fox
    man up

ReputationRep:

im really sorry but just could not stop laughing whilst reading this!
    me and my sister got chased once by a fox...but it was really dark and we though it was a cat so started to call it towards us..:/ . only when its started to RUN towards us and we saw in the street lights that it was a fox did we RUN for our lives onto the main road...:O scary timess

ReputationRep:
    You already survived a brush with deadly British she-beasts. For that alone I applaud you.

ReputationRep:
    Dude.
    It's a fox.
    The biggest of them are a bit smaller than german sheperds.
    You can't take a fox one vs one?
    Sure he might scratch you but it's a frigging small dog.
    Kick it in the stomach or something.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Carlito o.O)
    I've had badgers give me grief when i was on my way to work
    Sorry, but this made my day. Best sentence ever

ReputationRep:
    F.u.n.n.y.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Ministerdonut)
    Iam a 6ft 4 man, who goes to the gym six times a week, I can certainly see how one might find a toddler tasty. Now would have eaten me? no but it would have meant a trip up the doctors for jabs.
    Troll but:

Exactly, you're a 'chuffin' grown man, who thinks 1) all wild animals should be as energetic as a sloth and 2) assumed the worst without any basis but your own imagination.

(Original post by Carlito o.O)
    You have no idea what it was doing, you just assumed the worst. It may not have wanted to bite you, it may have been simply territorial behaviour. I've had badgers give me grief when i was on my way to work, wild animals are just trying to live in whatever bits of land we've not yet contaminated or claimed for ourselves :/
    This.

ReputationRep:
    hahahahahahahahahahahahahaha

and so forth

ReputationRep:
    I went jogging about a year and a half ago before all the fox attacks started, and me and a friend were doing laps of a field, and it stayed with us going round for about half an hour. She left after five minutes because she thought it was creepy but I thought it was adorable- obviously would have left too if I'd known they're that mad! It was just like a little dog though, trotting next to us and then scampering off again for a bit.

ReputationRep:
    Fox just wanted a running partner.

ReputationRep:
    Yeah I know what you mean. A squirrel did that to me once and I contacted the Daily Mail about it.
    Bad times.

• See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    Will you be richer or poorer than your parents?
    Useful resources
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.