Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

It broke and I didnt know... Watch

So I was having sex with my gf and I thought the condom was a tad tight when I put it on, but it felt normal after that until after I came (inside her) and I took myself out to find a broken condom... She is one or two days before her period. I calmed her down and she asked if she should take the morning after pill, I said yes just to be safe. Is it possible that she could be pregnant if this happened so close to her period?

ReputationRep:
    There will still be some possibility that she is pregnant. However, if she took the morning-after pill correctly (it's not a suppository!!!) then the chances of her being pregnant are quite low.

Factors such as how long she waited and how effective it is on her will mean that it isn't an exact science but I would hardly call it time to panic.

ReputationRep:
    Never go by the time of your month; that's not a sure fire way and you can still get pregnant.

If you take the morning after pill, the chance is probably quite low but it's not 100%, and would not have been as effective as if she were on contraception for example. The sooner you take it after the time you had sex, the better, but most morning after pills can work after a day (no longer than 3).

ReputationRep:
    For a moment I thought you were going to say your penis broke.

ReputationRep:
    If its a day or 2 before her period, it is unlikely.

So she had her period (or is having w/e), and took the pill today (will be taking the second one about now). Given that she has had her period does this mean we are in the clear? The pill was precautionary, didnt want to risk anything more hahah

ReputationRep:
    If she's having her period as usual then I'm pretty sure you can relax.

Unfortunately she is saying it is "not normal" this could be an effect of the pill correct? I still think a test in a couple weeks is needed.

Submit reply
TSR Support Team

We have a brilliant team of more than 60 Support Team members looking after discussions on The Student Room, helping to make it a fun, safe and useful place to hang out.

Updated: December 2, 2010
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    What newspaper do you read/prefer?
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.