The Student Room Group

Has your school closed for snow?

My school hasn't closed, it even said on the news that the town it's in is near impossible to get around! Does anyone else have a similar situation? :frown:

Scroll to see replies

Of course not.

It's like 1cm of snow.

EDIT: OK now the snow in my area has reached about 9 inches. School is cancelled! :biggrin:
(edited 13 years ago)
Reply 2
My college hasn't been closed, but all the buses and stuff are cancelled. The snow's gone absolutely mental!
Reply 3
Nope but loads of schools near us have closed. If mine closed they wouldn't even tell us until like half 8 when we're supposed to start, that's what they did last time it snowed.
Reply 4
No, but I don't mind. I love the snow.
I don't envy anyone going in today. There were always too many snowballs filled with stones at my school.
They haven't told us despite promising to send out an email at 7, but I think we might end up going in :frown: Having said that, loads of people come from out of town so they'll probably skive off. Damn it :emo:
Reply 7
Schooooooooolllllssss outttttttt for winter!
I'm on a placement at a school at the moment, only one day a week. I have to leave at 7:45... and spent every minute up to that checking and rechecking the BBC website. I got my hat, scarf and gloves on... only to then realise that the school was listed under a completely different district, and I have the day off! WOOP! Back to beddies now...
Reply 9
our college wont shut unless london turns into something from the day after tomorrow.

So a couple of millimetres of snow isnt even worth getting my hopes up for!
No, bristol just has a little bit of snow, nothing to worry about.
Reply 11
yup, my college is closed
hardly any snow, buses running normally etc

its suppose to snow heavily later on and they're scared we're going to get trapped in college.
its the UK not bloody antartica.

bless the principle, you can tell hes new to all this.
My School is closed...
Thought it chose not to tell me until I had donned snow chains, fur coat and earmuffs and walked all the way there!
Original post by tom29whu
our college wont shut unless london turns into something from the day after tomorrow.

So a couple of millimetres of snow isnt even worth getting my hopes up for!

There are places outside London though.... Newcastle has had 8" for a few days now.
oh you people are so lucky - oh i wish i was back in school again - but then i attended school in Ireland in the 90's with none of this nampy pampy oh the little darlings will get cold *cough we get sued cough* better close the school. We went to school in all weathers and i lived in the country. The people in charge these days must think your all as fragile as china dolls

Wish my workplace would close or the busses in brum stop running (i dont care which it means i get the day off) The fact that i wouldnt be paid wouldnt bother me (which gives you an idication of how much i loathe my job)
Reply 15
Our college was founded by Hitler and it will never ever close even if there was a tornado.

Time to get ready. :sigh::sigh:
Reply 16
My school is closed, yes. But then my little brother's school isn't - strange. Snow is pretty thick, but i'm annoyed as I had my mock Cambridge interview today... hope it's not like this for the actual interview...
Reply 17
Mines shut for the second day running, I haven't had a lie in since they announced it after I was wide awake ): and I have a coursework proposal to hand in for tomorrow, when I'm on an open day D: boo!
(love you really, snow:ahee:)
Jeez, where are you people? Here in Coventry we have like .5cm of snow that's actually stuck (though my boyfriend assures me there was more at 6am).

*dresses up warmly for uni*
Reply 19
Original post by fell
yup, my college is closed
hardly any snow, buses running normally etc

its suppose to snow heavily later on and they're scared we're going to get trapped in college.
its the UK not bloody antartica.

bless the principle, you can tell hes new to all this.

What's it like in Notts? Is there a lot of snow now? I was there yesterday and there was hardly anything.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending