Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

ReputationRep:
    Yes. He studies at my same university and is supposed to be a little bit more knowledgeable about the subject. I couldn't believe he said that. Also, another person I know said the same, that Putin is communist. Are really people so ignorant as to immediately link Russia to communism, regardless of historical and political context? Damn...

ReputationRep:
    face it he is just a student therefor his opinion has less value.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Makubex)
    face it he is just a student therefor his opinion has less value.
    No, his opinion has less value because he is an IGNORANT.

ReputationRep:
    Are you sure about this? Have you fact checked it? Because if this is true, the implications could be enormous...

ReputationRep:
    Student makes thread about something nobody cares about.

ReputationRep:
    Hahaha wasn't it Putin who said "if you do not miss the Soviet Union then you have no heart, but if you want it back then you have no brain". Then again the USSR wasn't exactly a shining example of communism.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by BigFudamental)
    Are you sure about this? Have you fact checked it? Because if this is true, the implications could be enormous...
    I even double-checked. When I exposed his idiocy, he justified himself saying that in Russia there still is a communist party, and then he pulled out the usual generalised guff people say when they're shown they're wrong: "there no longer are communist and fascists, everyone minds his own business".

Ah.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by badger-man)
    Hahaha wasn't it Putin who said "if you do not miss the Soviet Union then you have no heart, but if you want it back then you have no brain". Then again the USSR wasn't exactly a shining example of communism.
    I'd say that the last historical example of communism dates back to the Paris Commune in 1871.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by GodspeedGehenna)
    Other student (with a great avatar, though) wastes time answering on thread about something nobody cares about.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by GodspeedGehenna)
    may I have a classification to your words which I demand exactly the same as mine in the previous one, still I demand a judgement which one of us is right in a better way :P

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by TheSocialScientist)
    Other student (with a great avatar, though) wastes time answering on thread about something nobody cares about.
    I believe yours is the coolest amongst us.

ReputationRep:
    I believe yours is the coolest amongst us.
    Nah, Kissinger is ugly.

I hope you all grasped the inherent inductive reasoning at the basis of this thread, but I have my doubts since it seems it's been taken as useless spam.

ReputationRep:
    Nah, Kissinger is ugly.

I hope you all grasped the inherent inductive reasoning at the basis of this thread, but I have my doubts since it seems it's been taken as useless spam.
    I mean like if everyone is doing so why not me

ReputationRep:
    I mean like if everyone is doing so why not me
    It comes a time in a man's life when he must acknowledge defeat. Sigh.

ReputationRep:
    It comes a time in a man's life when he must acknowledge defeat. Sigh.
    Why don't you break the silence first.

ReputationRep:
    Why don't you break the silence first.
    You first, sir.

PS. Due to common ignorance on inductive reasoning and general lack of concern for the widespread ignorance on relevant matters regarding international politics, I declare this thread closed, do whatever you want with it.

ReputationRep:
    Okay I'm ending it saying Thanks with a capital T for declaring this thread closed. And yes international politics? Shall we continue with if Russia was a real example of communism or not?

ReputationRep:
    Okay I'm ending it saying Thanks with a capital T for declaring this thread closed. And yes international politics? Shall we continue with if Russia was a real example of communism or not?
    I'm ending with saying You're Welcome with capital YW.

Yes, we can discuss about whether Russia was a real example of communism, if you so wish.

ReputationRep:
    Putin is indeed a communist.

I am an economics & politics student at Cambridge

Bring it on
    • Political Ambassador

ReputationRep:
    I even double-checked. When I exposed his idiocy, he justified himself saying that in Russia there still is a communist party, and then he pulled out the usual generalised guff people say when they're shown they're wrong: "there no longer are communist and fascists, everyone minds his own business".

Ah.
    Putin is ex KGB:work:

• See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    What newspaper do you read/prefer?
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.