The Student Room Group

Can you only ask for feedback if your rejected?

I just had a telephone interview for a grad job, if ive passed it i will go onto the next stage which is an assessment centre. The interview went quite well, i dont think it was amazing, but we will see i guess, i know that they are going to ring up this afternoon to tell me how it went. Is it okay for me to ask for feedback if i get through? I dont know know the etiquette in this situation... :-/

Any help will be appreciated.
Reply 1
Original post by Callipygian
I just had a telephone interview for a grad job, if ive passed it i will go onto the next stage which is an assessment centre. The interview went quite well, i dont think it was amazing, but we will see i guess, i know that they are going to ring up this afternoon to tell me how it went. Is it okay for me to ask for feedback if i get through? I dont know know the etiquette in this situation... :-/

Any help will be appreciated.

Asking for feedback if you passed an interview would be unusual, why not just ask if they have any suggestions on things you should revise/practice before the assessment centre ?
Reply 2
I had a first round interview about a week ago, and they called me to let me know I was through to the assessment centre. I didn't ask for feedback but they said that they would call me the week before my AC to give me feedback on my first interview, so I could work on things that weren't as good. Surprised me a bit, but I quite appreciate it!

Don't think there should be any problems asking for feedback if you're successful. If anything, its more likely that they might tell you.
It is usually taken as read that the feedback is given by virtue of passing you on to the next round or offering you a job. By looking as if you are still concerned about your interview performance, you may infer that you are still interviewing, ie not keen on taking their job. Be careful, after all, why not ask for feedback when either you have been dropped from the process, or once you are in the job?
Maybe if you've been successful and hold a job offer then it would be okay to ask for feedback. My current employer gave me feedback on the interview process when I started my job, which was useful.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending