Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

extending student overdraft in first term Watch

I was just wondering if anybody had any success with extending their Natwest student overdraft in their first term? I know its 500 in your first, 750 in your second and 1000 in your last, but I am literally penniless, my last rent payment really hit the finances hard =/ I rung up natwest but she said I cant do it until February really dont know what im going to do until then.

Thanks for any help in advance.

ReputationRep:
    Sponge a few quid off some people an start shopping at netto. You can live on a fiver a week with spare for dessert.

ReputationRep:
    Its highly unlikely Natwest will change it, I also asked when I was at uni and the answer was no.

Can you not borrow some money from family? Although to be honest you have a long way to go yet before the next term. Have you tried seeing if there are any jobs available by you?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by lolablue)
    I was just wondering if anybody had any success with extending their Natwest student overdraft in their first term? I know its 500 in your first, 750 in your second and 1000 in your last, but I am literally penniless, my last rent payment really hit the finances hard =/ I rung up natwest but she said I cant do it until February really dont know what im going to do until then.

hey

i was in the same position as you, i asked in branch and they said early december so i phoned up and they said february but then today my friends said they had been granted theirs so i phoned up natwest again and they asked me a few questions ,and they approved an over draft up to my 2nd term limit of 750 and should be with me ready to use by monday!

the number i phoned was 0800 881 771

hope this helps

x

(Original post by fifilamore)
    hey

i was in the same position as you, i asked in branch and they said early december so i phoned up and they said february but then today my friends said they had been granted theirs so i phoned up natwest again and they asked me a few questions ,and they approved an over draft up to my 2nd term limit of 750 and should be with me ready to use by monday!

the number i phoned was 0800 881 771

hope this helps

x
    Hi, sorry this is a late late reply! But I was just wondering what kind of questions they asked??

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by lolablue)

Hi, I'm thinking of going with Natwest as well for my Student account. Just to know, its February now, so did you try extending/increasing your overdraft? Did it work? How much did you manage to increase it by?

Thanks.

ReputationRep:
    student credit card +£350
    as a short term solution if its really bad

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by UAG)
    student credit card +£350
    as a short term solution if its really bad
    i thought the natwest student credit card had a £500 limit?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by didgeridoo12uk)
    i thought the natwest student credit card had a £500 limit?
    i think u need a job to get full limit
    they gave me only 350 which is initial amount

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by UAG)
    i think u need a job to get full limit
    they gave me only 350 which is initial amount
    they gave me £2400 because i asked nicely :/

if you want it bigger try go back in and ask, now you have a bit of a bigger credit history they might trust you more

• See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    What newspaper do you read/prefer?
    Useful resources
    How much money do you spend a week?The ultimate guide to tax!Guide to student bank accounts

Sponsored features:

Web Legend

Win a Macbook Air!

Blog about setting up a website for a chance to win in our Web Legend competition.

Quick link:

Unanswered money and finance threads

Groups associated with this forum:

View associated groups
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.