Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

ReputationRep:
    Seen as how there doesn't seem to be any clear thread for the christchurch applicants of 2011 i thought i'd make one.

So whos applying? what course are you studying? and whatever else you want to add =]

ReputationRep:
    i have an interview for primary education with languages in Feb

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by strongone)
    i have an interview for primary education with languages in Feb
    I have an interview as well but I put my interview down for January the 26th. Haven't got a clue what to expect :/

ReputationRep:
    heyy

i have an interview with them tomorrow for primary education!

ReputationRep:
    I have a conditional offer for a History PGCE place for September 2011. Need to sort out accommodation and everything now. I didn't know Canterbury was that expensive

ReputationRep:
    Hey all,

Im applying to canterbury for 2011 to hopefully do Biosciences and 'Fine and applied art' combined course.

Anyone else happen to be considering a similar course at all?

ReputationRep:
    Im applying to do Digital Media, and also applying for Digital Marketing

ReputationRep:
    Good luck to everyone applying, spent three great years at Canterbury Christ Church (class of 2001)....now back in education mind

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by BoroGrecian)
    Good luck to everyone applying, spent three great years at Canterbury Christ Church (class of 2001)....now back in education mind
    What did you study there?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by strongone)
    What did you study there?
    History with American Studies. Loved every minute of it

ReputationRep:
    Applying for History with Sociology and Social Science - V1L3 2011 entry
    Got my Offer today CCC

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Samus2)
    Applying for History with Sociology and Social Science - V1L3 2011 entry
    Got my Offer today CCC
    ah well done, might see you there =]

ReputationRep:
    Hi all, I've applied for Occupational therapy :d just waiting to hear from them nervouse stuff :/ is it expensive to live in canterbury?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by chazza888)
    ah well done, might see you there =]
    It's definitely my insurance

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by RosiL)
    Hi all, I've applied for Occupational therapy :d just waiting to hear from them nervouse stuff :/ is it expensive to live in canterbury?

Hiya

I'm at CCCU in my first year at the moment and loving it
    It can be expensive , but it depends on where you live. At the moment I am living in Sergeants Parade in the Parham Student Village. Which is the most expensive option I think ... I didn't specifaclly ask for it on my choices,Parham was third on my list but with the less expensive room. So don't count on getting the accommodation you wanted.It is possible to change rooms but you have to wait until after the first month.

It's cheap to get food here because there are the main supermarkets e.g Asda and Morrisons. Tesco's is only an express one though. There is also a netto and aldi .

Hope this helps
    Feel free to ask me more questions

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by charmed1309)
    Hiya

I'm at CCCU in my first year at the moment and loving it
    It can be expensive , but it depends on where you live. At the moment I am living in Sergeants Parade in the Parham Student Village. Which is the most expensive option I think ... I didn't specifaclly ask for it on my choices,Parham was third on my list but with the less expensive room. So don't count on getting the accommodation you wanted.It is possible to change rooms but you have to wait until after the first month.

It's cheap to get food here because there are the main supermarkets e.g Asda and Morrisons. Tesco's is only an express one though. There is also a netto and aldi .

Hope this helps
    Feel free to ask me more questions
    Hey thank you that helped alot can;t beat asda , Whats the nightlife like there? (sorry i ahve lots of questions) I visted and the uni seemed really nice

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by RosiL)
    Hey thank you that helped alot can;t beat asda , Whats the nightlife like there? (sorry i ahve lots of questions) I visted and the uni seemed really nice
    For a description of the bars and clubs around Canterbury (it's a bit University of Kent orientated, sorry about that) then check out this thread that I wrote. It's mostly up to date but there're a few things that could do with a tweak.

As well as descriptions there are a few general observations about what kind of people would enjoy the nightlife in Canterbury etc. Just have a look through.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by RosiL)

Thats alright , I know this time last year had a load of questions ! Everybody at the uni is friendly and the staff are helpful
    The night-life is okay from what I've heard, sorry I dont know alot about the clubs, I'm more of a pub girl!The main club is chill and they hold special events most Wednesdays. There are other clubs such as Studio 41 and Chemistry (or barbars as some canters people call it) The thread that Faustus Fotherby directed you to will give you more information about them

Keep asking questions, having as much info about a uni can help you make choices for your firm and insurance

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by cobi)
    I have a conditional offer for a History PGCE place for September 2011. Need to sort out accommodation and everything now. I didn't know Canterbury was that expensive
    Has your offer been confirmed on the GTTR? I had an interview with them in November and they emailed in December to say they were please to say I had been successful and I had a place. The email said the GTTR would be updated shortly. It still hasn't been updated. I have emailed three times to see if they knew when it would be but they can't give a date due to funding issues.

ReputationRep:
    Hello Everyone
    I have received conditional offers for Forensic Investigation with Criminology starting in Sept 2011,
    Anyone else doing Forensics?

I do not know anyone who is going to Canterbury so just wondered if there's any out there that wants to get to know each other before we start?

If all goes well could possibly ask for accommodation near each other ?

I'm not sure about anyone else but I'd feel a load better if I already kinda knew someone with same interests as me

Thaaanks!

• See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    What newspaper do you read/prefer?
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.