Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

ReputationRep:
    Basically I've kinda been 'off the radar' for a few years due to personal/health problems so I feel like I've missed out on a lot of the things my peers did socially/sexually/etc kinda from age 15-19 so since I got to uni I've been drinking, partying, getting laid and making up for lost time a bit

problem is, alongside pulling guys on nights out and having some one night stands I'm also sleeping with my flatmate (kind of, he has a weird thing that if we have sex again -drunken one night stand on my first night but we havnt done it since- then it'll be 'crossing a line' so we just fool around a bit) and I like this guy quite a bit, like I'd quite happily be in a relationship with him APART FROM the fact it'd be a serious committed type thing which I think is A. bad because we live together (and cos Im off campus theres only like 10 freshers in my private halls, if that) and B. bad because I really just wanna have fun and sleep around, maybe a couple of flings, nothing serious yet

I feel like if I get together with him and commit Ill resent him cos Ill have missed the fun Im having now...but then again I feel like Im being totally unfair on him asking him to wait for me (even though he says atm he gets jealous but he understands why I need this)

EDIT: and cos we;re in this tiny hall (where most poeple know each other as well) he's like my main close friend here and I dont want to mess that friendship up cos I genuinely enjoy spending time with him, he makes me happy and I would like to be in a relationship with him in the future...

ReputationRep:
    The grass isn't always greener on the other side.

Random one night stands won't make you a better person, give you better sex or make you have more fun.

Looking back i would NEVER choose fooling around and one night stands over being with someone i have a genuine click with. Finding someone you like a lot who actually likes you back is rare - don't waste it. One night stands are over rated, quite often crap and moreover lead to nothing good, only a hangover.

ReputationRep:
    omg happened to me. you need to lose him to realise how much you want him
    you will tho

ReputationRep:
    I don't think you are being horrible. Some people enjoy sex without the complication of a relationship. As long as people know all you want is a bit of fun and they are still willing to go ahead with that then it's fine. Just make sure you tell people of your intentions!

Submit reply
TSR Support Team

We have a brilliant team of more than 60 Support Team members looking after discussions on The Student Room, helping to make it a fun, safe and useful place to hang out.

Updated: November 30, 2010
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    What newspaper do you read/prefer?
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.