Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

ReputationRep:
    I'm fuming right now! My room has old windows, where a lot of heat escapes from them. I have to sleep with 4 layers and slippers because my room is so cold.
    I sent an email to my halls office, and they didn't reply back to me.
    But today i come home from my lecture to find that someone has SELLOTAPED my window-and its the wrong one, anyway! :eek:
    So i called them up and demanded that they do something better like get me a heater etc
    They also never came out to fix my tap which exploded (happened in freshers week) and when i asked for an update, they said they were just 'putting it on their systems/first time notification'. UM, NO! They definitely knew about it when emergency plumbers had to be called! :mad:
    I'm so angry right now, does anyone have any advice?

ReputationRep:
    :rofl: at their creative solutions.

But seriously, go down there and complain like hell.

ReputationRep:
    I read that as "heart problem" and was intreiged.

But on a serious note, complain until they go deaf

ReputationRep:
    Just break more stuff :yep:

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Pheebs1201)

But on a serious note, complain until they go deaf
    Same :p: I thought the uni had some kind of crazy experimental heart surgery it was doing xD

ReputationRep:
    Estate offices seem to be the laziest bunch of people in the world.

I'd never write an Email. Go up there again and again and again and again and.. all right you get the picture. Speak to the people, than you know who it was and if they tell you some stupid stuff like "first time" again, than you can definitely proof them wrong. Take name and contact, if you ring them up. Only way you get them to do stuff.
    I didn't have a working radiator for weeks, well, actually it did work it was on full throttle!!! but there was no way that I could turn it off, and so my room was boiling for weeks. and because I had to constantly leave my window open, I got a cold because of the draft! took them ages to send someone to first turn the whole thing off and than another month or so for them to get me a thermostate for it, which meant after that heat attack, I was death frozen!
    Seriously, annoy that bunch. :mad:

ReputationRep:
    :rofl:

Go to Accommodation Services and harass them in person. Refuse to leave until a maintenance guy comes back with you and fixes your window.

ReputationRep:
    Bloody well complain and make a scene if you have too......your paying for that accommodation, you have every right to make sure they keep it in ship shape. If they won't tell them you'll have no choice but to take it to higher authority.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Pheebs1201)
    Same. Ah, collocation.

ReputationRep:
    You must chase them up, otherwise they'll forget about you.

ReputationRep:
    Dude get an electric heater! Even though in the rules it'll probs say you're not allowed one (like mine) but they'll never really know and seeing as they're doing **** all about your room I'd get one and if you get reprimanded for it tell them that its them that should be doing their job properly and making sure that your room is adequately heated. Also try and appeal to some Higher Power of Student Accommodation, whoever they are.

• See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    What newspaper do you read/prefer?
    Useful resources
    Uni match

Applying to uni?

Our tool will help you find the perfect course

Articles:

Debate and current affairs guidelinesDebate and current affairs wiki

Quick link:

Educational debate unanswered threads

Groups associated with this forum:

View associated groups
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.