Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

How to be ‘your’self all the time? Watch

I know as stupid as this sounds, but hoestly i am forgetting the person i used to be. I am NOT being myself. I forget what i want to do, I forget my words, i forget my aim and i forget everything. When i am with my friends i listen to their story and i become what they want to see. I feel like being influenced and i am just NOT being me Is this Normal?

I like to be simple but i am not being that as i have seem my friends then think of me as being boring:confused: Do you sometimes feel you are not being yourself? How do you cope with it? How do i make myself seen as real and what i am?:confused::confused::confused:

ReputationRep:
    Believe in yourself, for that's the place to start!

ReputationRep:
    If you don't know how to 'act normally' you fail at life.

No seriously, you do.

ReputationRep:
    If I'm comfortable with the people I'm with, then I have absolutely no problem with being myself. When I feel uncomfortable with with the people I'm with, that's when I start acting on edge and saying things I wouldn't normally say. Are you sure you're comfortable with your friends? Do you think you're not as good as them, etc?

As others have said, believe in yourself and that you are worthwhile.

(Original post by FattyInNeed)
    If you don't know how to 'act normally' you fail at life.

No seriously, you do.
    Yes, i know and so i want to change that FAIL into pass and i would appreciate if you could help me and not bash it on my face
    I dont want to be classed as a failure

(Original post by kat2pult)
    If I'm comfortable with the people I'm with, then I have absolutely no problem with being myself. When I feel uncomfortable with with the people I'm with, that's when I start acting on edge and saying things I wouldn't normally say. Are you sure you're comfortable with your friends? Do you think you're not as good as them, etc?

As others have said, believe in yourself and that you are worthwhile.
    Maybe i am NOT comfotable They all have a life and are so cool and speak with accents and all and i am from a different country They have always welcomed me and are very nice but i feel low when compared to them and maybe thats why i am acting and doing stuff that i am not meant to. BUT i forget everything and it upsets me... its like i am living for them and not for "my"self. I want to JUST be who i am and i dont care what it takes me to be what i am. I feel sooo low:mad::mad:

I am from this moment learning to believe in myself! It will take time but i will try! Thanks I feel i have made a start x

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by littletesticles)
    Believe in yourself, for that's the place to start!
    liking the cheeky arthur reference

ReputationRep:
    you don't have to be yourself. better to be true to yourself.

I am trying to but its really hard. I get nervous when people are around and so i just forget to be who i am, funny cos when i am alone i realise my mistakes and so i say that next i will not do them but AGAIN i end up being a fool.
    I just don't know how to be me me me.
    I guess being positive will help

Submit reply
TSR Support Team

We have a brilliant team of more than 60 Support Team members looking after discussions on The Student Room, helping to make it a fun, safe and useful place to hang out.

Updated: December 1, 2010
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    Will you be richer or poorer than your parents?
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.