Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

To anyone who has been to Thailand.. Watch

ReputationRep:
    What are the best/most beautiful islands?

How do you get from one to another and where do you stay? Is it hostels, hotels or beach houses?

I'm going there in Jan and am just trying to find some information out

ReputationRep:
    You know what? I'm just going to quote a friend here. He might know something

(Original post by Dhanoo)
    -

ReputationRep:
    Hey when I went we went to phuket, Ko Phi Phi, and Koh Pangan, Phuket was a good party place but not really beautiful, Ko Phi Phi was the amazing to look at though and you can swim out from Ko phi phi don during tours of where the beach was filmed and find other better beaches with no-one else on. Koh pangan isn't quite as nice (its still good tho) but you should definatly try and get there during a full moon party! We stayed in little huts you can get for 2 or 3 people for less than a fiver, and travel wise, everywhere is full of little tour huts and stuff just shop around there, there usually a combination of boats and buses.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by asparkyn)
    :confused:

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by jonski)
    Hey when I went we went to phuket, Ko Phi Phi, and Koh Pangan, Phuket was a good party place but not really beautiful, Ko Phi Phi was the amazing to look at though and you can swim out from Ko phi phi don during tours of where the beach was filmed and find other better beaches with no-one else on. Koh pangan isn't quite as nice (its still good tho) but you should definatly try and get there during a full moon party! We stayed in little huts you can get for 2 or 3 people for less than a fiver, and travel wise, everywhere is full of little tour huts and stuff just shop around there, there usually a combination of boats and buses.
    Thanks Did you have a good time? How long were you there in total?

ReputationRep:
    I went to Pattaya, it was beautiful. Lovely beaches, hotels, people were great, just the right balance of party atmosphere and ability to relax etc. Stayed at the Dusit Thani hotel which was Amazing. You'll love it

ReputationRep:
    Yeh it was amazing, I liiked it so much Ive now planned a gap year lol, you'll love it! I went to thailand for 3 weeks then on to Cambodia for another week. Where are you thinking of going? Dont make my mistake and waste too much time on the islands, it's easy to do because theyre so nice but 2-3 days is enough to see everything, we spent a week on each and then didn't have time to go to Chaing Mai which is where most ofd the elephant trekking and stuff is

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by asparkyn)
    Unfortunately, quoting fail... I don't know why.

Hey OP, I'm from Thailand, but sadly I know almost nothing about it as I've yet to been there myself (I spent most of my life living in another country), so can't help you much. Phuket and Pattaya are 2 very nice places to visit. But if you want to go to somewhere a little less crowded, you might want to consider Krabi (I've been there and it was very nice).

ReputationRep:
    I went to Koh Phangan, Ko Tao and Ko Phi Phi. Koh Phangan had the best parties, Ko Tao was the most chilled out and Ko Phi Phi was the prettiest. Stayed in hostel dorms in all of them, enjoy you'll have a great time.

• See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    Will you be richer or poorer than your parents?
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.