Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

ReputationRep:
    Hi guys,

Just wondered how many Engineers are around Pref astros, but others also welcome to reply

Those in your first year, how's it going?

ReputationRep:
    I'm somewhat reluctant to guess what you mean by "astro"...

ReputationRep:
    That's what people who study 'Astronautics and Space technology' are referred to (I'm guessing, it's only at my uni )

ReputationRep:
    Well, I do Aeronautics, if thats what you mean?
    Its bloody difficult, but the drinking makes up for it.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Banburyhammer)
    Well, I do Aeronautics, if thats what you mean?
    Its bloody difficult, but the drinking makes up for it.
    We call it 'Astro' First year, myself...and yes, I agree it's difficult-though, I don't drink-- can't comment on that part.
    Are you first year?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by dream123)
    We call it 'Astro' First year, myself...and yes, I agree it's difficult-though, I don't drink-- can't comment on that part.
    Are you first year?
    Yeah, Im a first year. Its really challenging, but the lecturers at my uni are (mostly) quite good fun, and deliver the content well. Its just the speed we are going in some courses. Maths is quite slow, Aerodynamics, we hit partial derivates straight away, and Ive never programmed in my life so Computing is a ***** to get round, but Im getting somewhere with it.

Why do you want to know how people are getting on?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Banburyhammer)
    Yeah, Im a first year. Its really challenging, but the lecturers at my uni are (mostly) quite good fun, and deliver the content well. Its just the speed we are going in some courses. Maths is quite slow, Aerodynamics, we hit partial derivates straight away, and Ive never programmed in my life so Computing is a ***** to get round, but Im getting somewhere with it.

Why do you want to know how people are getting on?
    Programming? Golly! Don't get me started on that! Solidworks

Simply wanted to read other peoples views on how they are finding the course, it's interesting to know there is someone else out there who actually rants about the course like I do. But, I love a challenge, so the ranting is part passion too

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by dream123)
    Programming? Golly! Don't get me started on that! Solidworks

Simply wanted to read other peoples views on how they are finding the course, it's interesting to know there is someone else out there who actually rants about the course like I do. But, I love a challenge, so the ranting is part passion too
    Dont get me wrong, I love it! I couldnt imagine doing another course really.

• See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    Did TEF Bronze Award affect your UCAS choices?
    Useful resources
    Uni match

Applying to uni?

Our tool will help you find the perfect course

Articles:

Debate and current affairs guidelinesDebate and current affairs wiki

Quick link:

Educational debate unanswered threads

Groups associated with this forum:

View associated groups
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.