Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

Do girls like being chased? Is this what's happening here? Watch

ReputationRep:
    Me and this girl, who I get on quite well with, or at least used to, met up last Thursday. Anyway, during that I said something really small, of little importance, but I think it may have offended her - but I apologised, nonetheless. Over the weekend and Monday, she didn't text me, so I sent her one yesterday night asking if she would like to meet up, to which she said 'ok'.

So, today we met up, but throughout the time she spent with me, she was being quite distant, like using her phone, not calling my name etc. I just got the impression she didn't want to be there.

Anyway, what do you think? Do you think she's genuinely hurt from what I said, or just using this as an excuse to get away from me?

One thing for sure is she blowing this way out of proportion.

ReputationRep:
    not gunna lie, shes not interested.

i dont know why though.

ReputationRep:
    Bring it out into the open again, sounds like what you said is in correlation to her downturn in attitude towards you. Tell her about it again and genuinely apologise. If that doesn't work then she's probably not worth it if she can't take a little banter.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Bubbles0ox)
    not gunna lie, shes not interested.

i dont know why though.
    Why make such a bold assertion but not back it up?

ReputationRep:
    OP I think we need to know what you actually said ?

ReputationRep:
    Erm yeh man, to assess this we need to know what you said.
    If you called her fat, it's the end, I'm afraid.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Hey TSR)
    Why make such a bold assertion but not back it up?
    fine..
    if you liked someone would you spend loads of time not texting them? or go on your phone when you're with them? no

its common sense
    just ask her.

ReputationRep:
    What did you say mate?

But yeah I can't speak for all girls but most love being chased by boys and playing hard to get

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by CAPTAIN CAPSLOCK)
    Bring it out into the open again, sounds like what you said is in correlation to her downturn in attitude towards you. Tell her about it again and genuinely apologise. If that doesn't work then she's probably not worth it if she can't take a little banter.
    But it may not even be that, I'm only assuming. If it's not, she's gonna think why am I making such a meal out of it.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by sarahthegemini)
    OP I think we need to know what you actually said ?
    She thought I was criticising her work, when I actually never did; I was just correcting it.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Bubbles0ox)
    fine..
    if you liked someone would you spend loads of time not texting them? or go on your phone when you're with them? no

its common sense
    just ask her.
    But she used to text me so much before last Thursday. She's only gone off since that day, but up until then, she used to always inititate our convos.

ReputationRep:
    Whether or not she wants to, I know I've tried to restore our friendship. That is all I can do.

ReputationRep:
    But she used to text me so much before last Thursday. She's only gone off since that day, but up until then, she used to always inititate our convos.
    Well she may have relised you werent for her when you said whatever you said and just throughout the whole thing. Its probably not just one thing.
    either ask her - or move on, you'll find someone else soon.

Me and this girl, who I get on quite well with, or at least used to, met up last Thursday. Anyway, during that I said something really small, of little importance, but I think it may have offended her - but I apologised, nonetheless. Over the weekend and Monday, she didn't text me, so I sent her one yesterday night asking if she would like to meet up, to which she said 'ok'.

So, today we met up, but throughout the time she spent with me, she was being quite distant, like using her phone, not calling my name etc. I just got the impression she didn't want to be there.

Anyway, what do you think? Do you think she's genuinely hurt from what I said, or just using this as an excuse to get away from me?

One thing for sure is she blowing this way out of proportion.

Hehe this is like my situation, I asked her to go somewhere with me and she made excuses / wants others to go... + texting with phone yet still flirting/showing some signs of interest -i'm too confused now so I think I might move on there are girls who have been overlooked unfairly by me because of her wah

ReputationRep:
    Its not like you said anything insulting...but if she did feel it was that.. then give her a few days to get over it.

Why dont you initiate for a bit now? If she is aways initiating, she may start to think you're not as interested in her, otherwise you'd be initiating conversations too.

I personally dont like being chased... it kind of puts me off guys.

Just as long as you dont seem clingly you'll be fine.

Submit reply
TSR Support Team

We have a brilliant team of more than 60 Support Team members looking after discussions on The Student Room, helping to make it a fun, safe and useful place to hang out.

Updated: December 1, 2010
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    What newspaper do you read/prefer?
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.