Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

ReputationRep:
    I dyed my hair dark brown about a year ago with supposedly semi-permanent hair dye, but it never came out Now I've had my hair highlighted 3 times (in the process of going blonde) but it's going to take AGES to become blonde this way. It's annoying because my natural hair colour is a light brown/dark blonde colour, but because of the dye its dark brown with bits of blonde going through it. Anyway ... I was browsing online and came across this product called Colour B4, which removes dark brown, red, or black from hair and restores it to it's natural colour, but it doesn't remove lighter shades i.e. blonde. So i was thinking if I apply this to my hair will it remove the dark brown from my hair so I'm left with my natural hair colour instead (and will not interfere with the highlights) OR will it just mess up the highlights?

Please help

ReputationRep:
    I don't know anything about Colour B4, but i'm a skeptic that it will leave your highlights alone. What kind of brown hair dye did you use last year? And as for getting your hair blonde what products are you using? If you are using box color from grocery store/department store area's I would stop continuing it's use. I'll try and help you as best as I can. I did alot of research and discussed this topic with many people since I like to dye my black hair to blonde from time to time.

ReputationRep:
    I've used colour before and I think in principle it's a good product. I was trying to strip my hair from red to it's natural colour but I think due to the red in my hair and me deep conditioning it overnight it went a little ginger.
    It also doesn't work very well with XXL Live or Schwarzkopf dyes because of the silicone (or something like that) that's in it. But you can dye your hair straight after though so if it wasn't the colour you wanted you could dye over it.

One word of warning though is that it takes AGES and involves putting a lot of water on your hair which makes your hair abit strawlike :/

• See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    Did TEF Bronze Award affect your UCAS choices?
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.