Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

ReputationRep:
    hi everyone, i just got invited to the first stages of the interview application for my early years at portsmouth for next thursday. Thing is i can't make that day as i have a test at university!! I phoned to see if i can change and they said it would be in the new year but i'm worried if it will jeopardise my chances of getting on the course!
    Does anyone know if it will effect me by doing the interview in january instead of next week? Surely everyone's applications should be treated equally?

Thanks in advance

ReputationRep:
    I really wouldn't worry about it! You've called and clarified why you're unable to attend, and re-arranged your interview so it should all be fine. They appreciate that a lot of applicants are still at university or in full time employment, that's why there's a place on the application form for dates where you may be unavailable for interview, but as is life things can crop up unannounced.

You'll be at no disadvantage by taking the interview in January - in all likelihood you'll be alongside people who applied at the same time as you.

ReputationRep:
    Hi nterry242
    thank you for the reply, that makes me feel better at least it give me a month to prepare!

ReputationRep:
    That's something that I forgot to mention in my original reply - you've now got plenty of time to relax and prepare for your interview. Plus, you can get some feedback on here about what sort of thing to expect .

Good luck!

• See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    Did TEF Bronze Award affect your UCAS choices?
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.