Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

Charity collector slapped me, if I prosecute, what happens to her? Watch

ReputationRep:
    I was walking down a high-street when a girl, can't have been older than 20, comes up to me with an RSPB bucket. She says "Excuse me sir, could I trouble you for a donation?" I say; "No sorry, I don't believe in charity", so then she gasps, gets a look on her face as if I just kicked her dog and SLAPS me!

Can you believe this, what happens when I prosecute, fine? House arrest? Short jail sentence?

ReputationRep:
    unless you've got eye witnesses there's no proper evidence

A medal.

ReputationRep:
      (Original post by Snaiv)
      I was walking down a high-street when a girl, can't have been older than 20, comes up to me with an RSPB bucket. She says "Excuse me sir, could I trouble you for a donation?" I say; "No sorry, I don't believe in charity", so then she gasps, gets a look on her face as if I just kicked her dog and SLAPS me!

Can you believe this, what happens when I prosecute, fine? House arrest? Short jail sentence?
      Nothing probably, what happened after the slap?

ReputationRep:
      (Original post by Pawsies)
      unless you've got eye witnesses there's no proper evidence
      Oh damn, but it was the high-street, if I go to the police they can appeal for witnesses can't they?

ReputationRep:
      (Original post by Alexr115)
      Nothing probably, what happened after the slap?
      I walked away, I was dumbfounded

ReputationRep:
      Honestly, does it matter? What she did was obviously wrong - you're entitled to your beliefs, but I'm sure you can deal with it, there are worse things going on in the world.

ReputationRep:
      Don't know, I've only ever done it the other way around.

Spoiler:
      Show
      Disclaimer: I've never assaulted a charity worker, except the one who pinned me to a wall after I refused to help African kids in favour of catching the last bus home, and even that was only a threat to do it.

ReputationRep:
      About the witness thing, if it was in a high street I'd assume there would be CCTV cameras.

ReputationRep:
      (Original post by Snaiv)
      I walked away, I was dumbfounded

troll....

ReputationRep:
      MAN UP.

ReputationRep:
      (Original post by Alexr115)

troll....
      How does that make me a troll? In hindsight I would have done something about it, but I was just too shocked to think clearly.

ReputationRep:
      (Original post by Snaiv)

Report her for battery.

ReputationRep:
      A bit aggressive for a bird charity :confused:

She would probably get a ticking off from the police if you could get witnesses, who in turn would be annoyed at you for killing birds and taking up their time.

ReputationRep:
      Is it really worth wasting police time with this?

ReputationRep:
      they'll throw you in the slammer and slap you one more time for avoiding paying your charity! Heartless b*stard!!

ReputationRep:
      I would've smacked the stupid whore back!

Although if I was you I would've just said I don't have any change.... Makes things slightly easier. I mean, i'm basically a charity myself.

ReputationRep:
      (Original post by Snaiv)

She'd probably get life for GBH.

ReputationRep:
      How can she slap

ReputationRep:
      Hahahahahahahhaa

Submit reply
    TSR Support Team

We have a brilliant team of more than 60 Support Team members looking after discussions on The Student Room, helping to make it a fun, safe and useful place to hang out.

Updated: December 1, 2010
  1. See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

2. Poll
    What newspaper do you read/prefer?
    Useful resources
  3. See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

4. The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.