Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

ReputationRep:
    Hi guys,

I received a letter today invting me to attend an interview at Kent because 'the admissions officer was impressed by my outstanding academic profile and thinks I have the potential to be an excellent law student.'

I am a little bit confused as I wasn't aware that Kent gave interviews. There's no mention in the prospectus.

The interview is on the 19th January so I have a little theory.

Do you think that the interviews are given deliberately after the Oxbridge offers are given so that those who attend interview after this date (whom the law school perhaps expect to be Oxbridge applicants) are still likely to want Kent as an insurance (presuming that said Oxbridge applicants other universities are all AAA)?

I'm sorry if this sounds awfully pretentious, I was just a bit confused. Especially as I know that students without the same academic profile as myself have been given straight out offers. I doubt it would be my personal statement because I already have an offer from Exeter.

Any thoughts?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Cast.Iron)
    Hi guys,

I received a letter today invting me to attend an interview at Kent because 'the admissions officer was impressed by my outstanding academic profile and thinks I have the potential to be an excellent law student.'

I am a little bit confused as I wasn't aware that Kent gave interviews. There's no mention in the prospectus.

The interview is on the 19th January so I have a little theory.

Do you think that the interviews are given deliberately after the Oxbridge offers are given so that those who attend interview after this date (whom the law school perhaps expect to be Oxbridge applicants) are still likely to want Kent as an insurance (presuming that said Oxbridge applicants other universities are all AAA)?

I'm sorry if this sounds awfully pretentious, I was just a bit confused. Especially as I know that students without the same academic profile as myself have been given straight out offers. I doubt it would be my personal statement because I already have an offer from Exeter.

Any thoughts?
    Kent do interview some students, as you have said. The ones they are not sure about and the ones they want to 'win over'.

That being said, if you do go, I would highly recommend not being to pro other universities, and they might think it is a waste offering you the place if you arent going to take it. And, as I am sure you would rather have too many offers than too few.

ReputationRep:
    APPARENTLY, these interviews are to see what you're like and, if they like you, they'll give you a lower offer than the one stated in the prospectus. I think an offer is already implied.

There's a bit on this site where it talks about Kent interviews...

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Riggers)
    Kent do interview some students, as you have said. The ones they are not sure about and the ones they want to 'win over'.

That being said, if you do go, I would highly recommend not being to pro other universities, and they might think it is a waste offering you the place if you arent going to take it. And, as I am sure you would rather have too many offers than too few.
    Ah okay then. Don't worry, I don't intend to indicate what other universities I have applied to or that Kent is my fifth choice .

(Original post by Jingers)
    APPARENTLY, these interviews are to see what you're like and, if they like you, they'll give you a lower offer than the one stated in the prospectus. I think an offer is already implied.

There's a bit on this site where it talks about Kent interviews...
    Oh right, that sounds interesting. Do you have a link to this?

• See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    Did TEF Bronze Award affect your UCAS choices?
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.