Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

ReputationRep:
    how to revise chemistry?

ReputationRep:
    Revise?

Do whatever works best for you - I re-write notes and mind map things. Practice past papers as well: www.freeexampapers.com

ReputationRep:
    group 4 project.... how difficult?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by anmols)
    how to revise chemistry?
    Honestly, do calculations. Repetition is the key to success.

(Original post by JaredSteinmetz)
    group 4 project.... how difficult?
    Very easy.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by anmols)
    how to revise chemistry?
    get the revision guide, the green/blue one if it helps. Chem's the worst so you should know all the calculations inside out, maybe go on the oxford spring course

ReputationRep:
    can you verify how calculations can be done.

ReputationRep:
    Chemistry is very hard at SL, mainly because you miss KEY things that assist you a lot. Specifically parts of advanced organic chemistry and advanced stereo-isomerism just keep coming back if you take certain options. I took Physics HL and found Chem SL to be harder.
    My suggestion: Get the Oxford Study Guide. Get a copy of the syllabus. Get a decent IB textbook and try and learn everything. And be prepared for exam mind****s, like the one in May 2010. Brass nail question was absolutely brutal: I highly recommend you look at that exam because it's one of the toughest available.

ReputationRep:
    Two words: Question Bank.

I do nothing in class and then take around 4 hours to do practice questions on a topic and get 6-7. Option is the same.

For me, re-reading notes and subject guides does nothing. Just do past papers and as many exam-type questions as possible. Look at how they want you to answer.

• See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    Would you like to hibernate through the winter months?
    Applying to university
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.