Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

Is playing last cough in lectures acceptable? Watch

ReputationRep:
    I have a last cough league at uni but it's getting out of hand, there were originally 5 competitors, now there are 37, how can I set up a sort of knock out format? Or is it fine the way it is?
    • Political Ambassador

ReputationRep:
    Political Ambassador
    Your paying 3k a year for those lectures and you actually want to act like a retard in them?

ReputationRep:
    well its not acceptable, but its funny.
    How about the last 20 people stay in
    then the last 10
    then 5
    then 2
    then 1
    then it can end

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Aj12)
    Your paying 3k a year for those lectures and you actually want to act like a retard in them?
    OP is in uni "for the experience!" :rolleyes:

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Aj12)
    How am I acting like a retard, it's a skill game

ReputationRep:
    That is the most annoying thing ever.
    You go to lectures to learn. Not really to play crappy little games like that.
    Sorry if that's harsh. But that's how I see it.
    Merely an opinion though. =]

ReputationRep:
    It's funny if you do it once say. If it becomes routine then I would get pissed off :rant:
    • Community Assistant

ReputationRep:
    Community Assistant
    Utterly disrepsectful.
    There are people like me who recently had very serious and genuine coughs and you sit there making a mockery of those unfortunates like myself.
    You should be ashamed of yourself young sir.

Yours faithfully,

Disgusted, Royal Tunbridge Wells

ReputationRep:
    How do you play last cough? Everyone starts coughing at the end of the lecture and the last one to pass out wins?

ReputationRep:
    cough cough i beat you

let play last cough on tsr

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Bubbles0ox)
    well its not acceptable, but its funny.
    How about the last 20 people stay in
    then the last 10
    then 5
    then 2
    then 1
    then it can end
    Eliminating 17 people straight off seems drastic, what if a skilled player is having an off day? Maybe if I get 3 more people in, there would be a top 40, i could spilt us into groups of 5 and the top 2 from each group progress, then 4 wild cards are brought back then 4 groups of 5 are made with the top 3 in each group making it through, these battle it out with one being eliminated at the end of each week

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Snaiv)
    I have a last cough league at uni but it's getting out of hand, there were originally 5 competitors, now there are 37, how can I set up a sort of knock out format? Or is it fine the way it is?
    well when I play 'last ... (cough, clap etc)' If you don't want someone to join... just give them a look of 'pure disappointment' then after a while they stop.... usually I say the more the merrier but 37 is a bit to much though

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Snaiv)
    Eliminating 17 people straight off seems drastic, what if a skilled player is having an off day? Maybe if I get 3 more people in, there would be a top 40, i could spilt us into groups of 5 and the top 2 from each group progress, then 4 wild cards are brought back then 4 groups of 5 are made with the top 3 in each group making it through, these battle it out with one being eliminated at the end of each week
    Go for it

ReputationRep:
    If you put as much effort into taking notes and doing assignments and LISTENING in the lectures as you do in planning out knockout stages or whatever crap you're planning, I GUARANTEE you that's more beneficial..

ReputationRep:
    how do you play that game? =/

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by humbugsftw)
    If you put as much effort into taking notes and doing assignments and LISTENING in the lectures as you do in planning out knockout stages or whatever crap you're planning, I GUARANTEE you that's more beneficial..
    No it's okay I failed last year so I have all the notes

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Snaiv)
    No it's okay I failed last year so I have all the notes
    Point proven, case closed.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by ilyking)
    cough cough i beat you

let play last cough on tsr
    *Cough*

I win!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by humbugsftw)
    Point proven, case closed.
    What?

ReputationRep:
    *cough*

• See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    What's your favourite Christmas sweets?
    Useful resources
    Uni match

Applying to uni?

Our tool will help you find the perfect course

Articles:

Debate and current affairs guidelinesDebate and current affairs wiki

Quick link:

Educational debate unanswered threads

Groups associated with this forum:

View associated groups
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.