The Student Room Group

why are my parents so disappointed in me?

Scroll to see replies

Reply 20
They may just act dissapointed because they are realising their going to loose you soon and its like a deffence mechanism...my mum was exactly the same untill I asked her about it and it turned out she was actually just really upset that she was going to be 'loosing me', and i supose without realising it she was trying to put me off or something...it makes them seem really selfish and horrible but their probably not- chances are they are just finding it hard to let go of such a genius child or something :wink:
Original post by jogorman2
A few of my friends go to QMUL and its rated one of the bets in London let alone the country! You should be very proud of yourself and so should your rents!

That would make sense the other way around.
Original post by iheartmondays
I'm doing Politics/International Relations -- just makes me wonder whether Birmingham is even a good university .. *sigh*

Lol, QMUL Politics - fifth in the country you know! (According to the Guardian anyway! :tongue: )

My rents are happy enough. It's a good uni!

http://www.guardian.co.uk/education/table/2010/jun/04/university-guide-politics
(edited 13 years ago)
Original post by Bubbles*de*Milo
Lol, QMUL Politics - fifth in the country you know! (According to the Guardian anyway! :tongue: )

My rents are happy enough. It's a good uni!

http://www.guardian.co.uk/education/table/2010/jun/04/university-guide-politics

OMG! you go QMUL? Woow! What career are you going to do after? Queen Mary looks beautiful....do you like the campus? What accommodation is closest to the politics department?
I think they're angry with your choice of degree.
the have ego problems
Reply 26
Birmingham's a really good university, don't let them get you down.
Once you go off to your perfectly good university you'll be shot of them anyway. (:
Original post by Glowy Amoeba
I think they're angry with your choice of degree.

i agreeee...
Original post by iheartmondays
OMG! you go QMUL? Woow! What career are you going to do after? Queen Mary looks beautiful....do you like the campus? What accommodation is closest to the politics department?

Haha, and breathe!

I don't know, maybe publishing? And I do like the campus, I'm used to it anyway. :tongue:

And accommodation is mostly in the student village, or on Mile End road (opposite campus), whereas the Politics department is in the Arts building, so it doesn't really work like that.. (like what accomodation is closer-wise). But none of them are more than a 3 minute walk anyway!

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending