Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

ReputationRep:
    I have an informal interview at Bham tomorrow but Im not sure if Birmingham new street is the closest station to the university. If so is it also called 'univesity station?' :/

ReputationRep:
    The closest station is literally inside the uni, the one called "University". There are several trains an hour from Birmingham New Street to here, the journey is about 6-7 mins.
    • TSR Support Team

I'd be careful going round New Street tomorrow, it is going to be full of football fans with a local derby match on.

ReputationRep:
    Birmingham New Street? *shudders* I hate that station.

As said above, you need to stay on until the University's station - if I remember correctly its the only university to have its own station? Or the first to have one? Or something. I don't know.

ReputationRep:
    Yeah, University station is the one you want. (bear in mind that tickets to "birmingham stations" are not valid to University station, so you'll need to buy another ticket at new street if that's what you have.)

For the love of god don't forget your map of the uni, you will be lost without it. There are so many bloody buildings.

I got completely lost when I went for my interview. :P

When you come out of the station you'll be facing Computer science and the Learning Centre, (they're yellow on the map)

ReputationRep:
    yes, new street is closest, look for trains leaving platform 11b (i think), university is the second stop (after five ways)

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by in_jeopardy)
    Yeah, University station is the one you want. (bear in mind that tickets to "birmingham stations" are not valid to University station, so you'll need to buy another ticket at new street if that's what you have.)

For the love of god don't forget your map of the uni, you will be lost without it. There are so many bloody buildings.

I got completely lost when I went for my interview. :P

When you come out of the station you'll be facing Computer science and the Learning Centre, (they're yellow on the map)
    Referring to the yellow section on the map has made things much clearer. I was trying to locate the main entrance after getting off the train. Just to clarify, roughly how far is the Birmingham new street station from the 'University Staion?'

ReputationRep:
    [QUOTE=Rock Fan;28720886]I'd be careful going round New Street tomorrow, it is going to be full of football fans with a local derby match on.[/QUOT

Hey! thanks for the tip, would be immensely useful

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by mauvetard)
    Referring to the yellow section on the map has made things much clearer. I was trying to locate the main entrance after getting off the train. Just to clarify, roughly how far is the Birmingham new street station from the 'University Staion?'
    It's only a few miles; it takes about 7 or 8 minutes from New Street to the University stop.

ReputationRep:
    2 stops, not walkable but takes about 8 minutes on the train.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by in_jeopardy)
    2 stops, not walkable but takes about 8 minutes on the train.
    It is walkable, I walk it every day!

Takes about 45 minutes though...in this cold the train is definitely your friend!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by megaduck)
    It is walkable, I walk it every day!

Takes about 45 minutes though...in this cold the train is definitely your friend!
    and yes the train was definitely my best buddy today

ReputationRep:
    Major thanks for the tip everyone, much appreciated. At times like this, TSR is worth it!

ReputationRep:
    New Street (horrible place) is the nearest mainline station and then its just a few stops to the University station iwhich is right next to the University. Good luck with the interview.

ReputationRep:
    and yes the train was definitely my best buddy today
    How'd it go, mauvetard? Did you like the campus?

• See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    What newspaper do you read/prefer?
    Useful resources
    Uni match

Applying to uni?

Our tool will help you find the perfect course

Articles:

Debate and current affairs guidelinesDebate and current affairs wiki

Quick link:

Educational debate unanswered threads

Groups associated with this forum:

View associated groups
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.