Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

ReputationRep:
    i was told by a fair few number of people that if you don't get a phone call on the same day as your assessment centre, you're basically screwed. has anyone here got an offer a couple of days after the AC? i'm waiting specifically for MS.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by himynameisbob)
    i was told by a fair few number of people that if you don't get a phone call on the same day as your assessment centre, you're basically screwed. has anyone here got an offer a couple of days after the AC? i'm waiting specifically for MS.
    Hello Bob,

With MS S&T (last year) when I got my offer the AC was on a Thursday and I got a call the following Monday (2 working days). Some companies can take up to 4 days, whilst some (notably HSBC and UBS) often tell you on the same day.

Hope this helps!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by effofex)
    Hello Bob,

With MS S&T (last year) when I got my offer the AC was on a Thursday and I got a call the following Monday (2 working days). Some companies can take up to 4 days, whilst some (notably HSBC and UBS) often tell you on the same day.

Hope this helps!
    so there's still hope. thanks for the reply, man.

ReputationRep:
    Couple of days is nothing, I had to wait 10 banking days before I was given an offer.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by ChevalBlanc)
    Couple of days is nothing, I had to wait 10 banking days before I was given an offer.
    which bank was this??

ReputationRep:
    which bank was this??
    It was NMR, but I think most banks have similar routines. If someone really stands out, they'll give that person an offer ASAP. They might be less certain about other candidates, and only give out more offers if their first choice turns them down. Of course, it could also be that some banks have a set number of interviews to conduct before giving out offers, enabling them to compare all candidates.

The bottom line here is really that you shouldn't be alarmed after a short period of time, even if the wait is a pain.

ReputationRep:
    It really depends how the programme is run.
    Some banks hire desk specific, and those desks hiring will be at the assessment centres. In this case, normally you will find out on the same day if you are successful, with a call from the specific interviewer.
    However other banks hire to a general grad/intern scheme, and as a result, the process normally means that interviewers will send feedback to HR, and then HR will ring you with the offer. In this case, it can take anything up to a week, depending on how many ACs are being run.

• See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    What newspaper do you read/prefer?
    Useful resources

Articles:

Guide to investment bankingGuide to consultancy

Featured recruiter profiles:

Deutsche Bank logo

Deutsche Bank is recruiting

"Thrive in an international banking environment"

Quick link:

Unanswered investment banking and consultancy threads

Groups associated with this forum:

View associated groups
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.