Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

Complete this statement....'I can't get a girlfriend/boyfriend because...' Watch

ReputationRep:
    Sorry, this place cracks me up....I just wondered why exactly everyone is having so many problems getting a boyfriend or girlfriend?

So yeh, complete the statement....'I can't get a girlfriend/boyfriend because.....'

I just wanna see what's stopping you lot from getting someone. I bet it comes down to a lack of confidence, being scared of rejection, or just being a socially awkard dork etc.

Hopefully I can make you see that these excuses are just excuses and that you can get someone if you believe in yourself a bit more.

ReputationRep:
    ...because everything I buy is vintage and smells funny.

ReputationRep:
    To answer for my hopeless housemate : "I can't get a girlfriend/boyfriend because: I have an ex girlfriend who still wants me who i wont let go off despite better opportunities presenting themselves. I wont admit that i'm a lesbian. "

ReputationRep:
    ... the town I live in is devoid of social life and girls that I haven't already had a pop at.

Looking forward to university.

ReputationRep:
    ...Because I am shy

ReputationRep:
    I cant get a boyfriend bc Im married and my husband wont allow it.
    sad times.

... I don't really want one, I'm a little bit shy and my personality can put off certain people.

ReputationRep:
      I can't get a bf because I've turned down a couple of people in the past and people are scared to ask and I don't fancy anyone atm either way

ReputationRep:
      my pen0r is too big

ReputationRep:
      ...I'm socially awkward, and I'm not allowed a boyfriend anyway.

I can't get a girlfriend/boyfriend because I just broke up with someone 5 days ago, and I want to enjoy being single for a while, plus I don't want to move on too quickly.
      • TSR Support Team

ReputationRep:
      I can't get a girlfriend because my girlfriend would class it as cheating. :dontknow: So old-fashioned.

ReputationRep:
      ...I am secretly an android, and incapable of love.

I can't get a boyrfriend because I can be quite shallow and I dont put in effort when a guy is interested in me.

ReputationRep:
      (Original post by Miss Behaving)
      ...I'm socially awkward, and I'm not allowed a boyfriend anyway.
      Who says?

ReputationRep:
      because girls have cooties

ReputationRep:
      because i'm just trying to have some fun

also, because they're not DTF.

ReputationRep:
      I have basically no money and there ain't anybody special I've met. .But I think there is this one girl which I will make a move on as soon as I can get some decent cash flow.

ReputationRep:
      (Original post by Beska)
      I can't get a girlfriend because my girlfriend would class it as cheating. :dontknow: So old-fashioned.
      I think.......................I think you maybe missing the point of this thread slightly :beard:

ReputationRep:
      (Original post by Alpha_Male)
      'I can't get a girlfriend/boyfriend because.....'
      I haven't met anyone worthy of being my boyfriend yet.

Submit reply
    TSR Support Team

We have a brilliant team of more than 60 Support Team members looking after discussions on The Student Room, helping to make it a fun, safe and useful place to hang out.

Updated: December 12, 2010
  1. See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

2. Poll
    What newspaper do you read/prefer?
  3. See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

4. The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.