The Student Room Group

Complete this statement....'I can't get a girlfriend/boyfriend because...'

Scroll to see replies

I can't get a girlfriend/boyfriend because my beauty intimidates them.
Reply 41
I can't get a boyfriend because I go to an all-girl school and have no male friends.
....because the boy I love doesn't want me.
Reply 43
Original post by Beadle's About
But you don't need money to get laid or get a girlfriend.

Getting laid and getting a girlfriend is two completely different things. Only people with no respect for the opposite sex get laid. You do need some money I mean like how am I suppose to take her out if I don't have any money. :s-smilie:
Reply 44
Original post by ManiaMuse
only attract lesbos, psychos, and alcoholics.

Helllooooooo :ahee:
i can't get a girlfriend because I am the best and nobody is good enough for me ...

actually it's both the lack of confidence and fear of rejection.
Reply 46
Because I'm only attracted to pre-16 year olds and they don't take the sweeties I offer them :sad:
Reply 47
Original post by Ilora-Danon
....because the boy I love doesn't want me.

What :puppyeyes: I thought you were happy :frown:?
because i'm way too picky and I'd rather hold out for somebody perfect and worth it then get into a relationship now and miss out in the future.
Original post by Beadle's About
Get over yourself! Tell me, apart from having a pussy and a set of tits, what else do you have going for you? What sets you apart from other girls? Convince me you're as worthy a catch as you make out....

Bloody hell mate, how high are your standards? You trying to meet a princess or something?

As to answer the original question, I shall present three answers, only one is correct:
A) ... having a girlfriend would mean I couldn't post sob stories in H&R about how I cry myself to sleep each night waiting for that 'perfect someone'
B) ... the last order got lost somewhere en route and I don't have enough money to order a replace until the next student loan installment in January
or
C) ... the current Witch takes a dim view of me having supplemental relationships - I would tell her that she is being too controlling but she becomes a scary little f'er when mad at something, and I ain't fighting that!
Reply 50
I can't get a boyfriend because I am focusing on my studies at the moment and I don't want a distraction unless the guy is smart and will help me with my studies.

And also, I act childish sometimes :smile:
... because I have no penis, small breasts, and am too scared to ask anyone out because in the rare situation that they said yes (if they dealt with my 5'4" looking like a child issue), then I'd have to tell them what I've got in my pants. Hell, my voice has only just broken (I'm 18).

:creep::erm:
(edited 13 years ago)
I can't get a girlfriend because I DON'T WANT A GIRLFRIEND YO.
Original post by SAK.A
Getting laid and getting a girlfriend is two completely different things. Only people with no respect for the opposite sex get laid. You do need some money I mean like how am I suppose to take her out if I don't have any money. :s-smilie:

Reply 54
I can't get one because most potential people I've met haven't been my type and I'd rather not get tied up with someone for the sake of it when the right person might come along any minute. I'm naive like that.
Original post by SAK.A

'Only people with no respect for the opposite sex get laid'? How is shagging someone synonymous with 'having no self respect' for someone? I would've thought that giving someone multiple orgasms was a very good way of showing them respect

And don't bother 'taking a girl out' until AFTER you've had sex with her. Otherwise you're spending money BEFORE you've got laid, and there's always a risk you'll spend money and she won't put out. At MOST, you should meet for coffee....but you buy your coffee and she was to buy her own. But the optimum situation is that you don't go on any dates at all...you just meet up and spend time together, either at your house or her house, and get to know each other, without spending a penny....and then if you like each other you can have sex and take it from there.

I have a rule that I don't spend any money on a girl until AFTER we've had sex. And even then, she still has to earn my trust and respect enough for me to take her out somewhere. This way, I prevent myself wasting money and time on girls who were just there to waste my time and who weren't right for me or who didn't want to put out.
Original post by Alpha_Male
Sorry, this place cracks me up....I just wondered why exactly everyone is having so many problems getting a boyfriend or girlfriend?

So yeh, complete the statement....'I can't get a girlfriend/boyfriend because.....'

I just wanna see what's stopping you lot from getting someone. I bet it comes down to a lack of confidence, being scared of rejection, or just being a socially awkard dork etc.

Hopefully I can make you see that these excuses are just excuses and that you can get someone if you believe in yourself a bit more.

I can't get a girlfriend because I haven't seen anyone aged 19 having a girlfriend for more than a year and don't want to waste loads of time and money on short term relationship.
Reply 57
I'm too introvertal / shy and not good enough looks wise. :frown:
Reply 58
I can't get a boyfriend because I'm still in love with someone who lives somewhere else /don't know if he wants me and too much of a chicken to ask :frown:
Reply 59
Original post by Dude Where's My Username

Yet she's wearing deigner shades lives in a mansion and drives a nice car.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending