Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

ReputationRep:
    I just want to say, I LOVE Christina Aguilera! It's like God put her on this earth to sing.

Any fellow Xtina fans out there?

ReputationRep:
    Hell Yeah!

ReputationRep:
    I wasn't too keen on her latest album. she was trying way too hard with the sexy image and the egdy lyrics and sound. she should stick to the jazzy sound that she was doing in her back to basics album and the power ballads. Its a shame that people were comparing her latest stuff to lady gaga and that made her come off worse as a result as its all about lady gaga right now. I hope christina aguilera comes back with another album as good as back to basics and puts the critics in their place.

ReputationRep:
    Yeah true that I wasn't fond of her new stuff...however You lost me - I do love that song!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by hali0112)
    I wasn't too keen on her latest album. she was trying way too hard with the sexy image and the egdy lyrics and sound. she should stick to the jazzy sound that she was doing in her back to basics album and the power ballads. Its a shame that people were comparing her latest stuff to lady gaga and that made her come off worse as a result as its all about lady gaga right now. I hope christina aguilera comes back with another album as good as back to basics and puts the critics in their place.
    Agreed. She needs to go back to belting high notes but needs to be careful cause some younger artists like Charice might "kill" her.
    I really love Christina though... her cover of At last (the one with 18 second high note) always blows me away

ReputationRep:
    I'm a Christina Aguilera fan. Don't expect me to start gesticulating and shrieking "Xtina!" at an given opportunity though.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by hg345)
    Yeah true that I wasn't fond of her new stuff...however You lost me - I do love that song!
    I really liked that one. it was so underrated though. the song got barely any airplay and so it didn't do that well in the charts. nowadays the music industry is all about PR and image and thats all you need to be successful in the charts. its not about true talent and great music anymore.

(Original post by Torrchy)
    Agreed. She needs to go back to belting high notes but needs to be careful cause some younger artists like Charice might "kill" her.
    I really love Christina though... her cover of At last (the one with 18 second high note) always blows me away
    I thought charise was a one hit wonder. I loved her song pyramid with iyaz and she is obviously very talented but I haven't heard anything from her since that song.

ReputationRep:
    I thought charise was a one hit wonder. I loved her song pyramid with iyaz and she is obviously very talented but I haven't heard anything from her since that song.
    don't want to be off topic but..
    She's just starting her career. She had her album and it was #1 in Japan (i think it was Japan) and so.. do a youtube search, she's doing a lot of concerts these days, was on Glee and everything aswell

ReputationRep:
    Yeah the industry now is about how much autotune you can get away with using and how many clothes you don't have to wear before you're disregarded as just a plain ****.

ReputationRep:
    I would.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Torrchy)
    don't want to be off topic but..
    She's just starting her career. She had her album and it was #1 in Japan (i think it was Japan) and so.. do a youtube search, she's doing a lot of concerts these days, was on Glee and everything aswell

She was also on Oprah Winfreys show and did a live duet in concert with celine dion - sounded amazing!

ReputationRep:
    She is just trying way to hard to be mainstream. She hasn't been for a long time and it's obviously not where her strengths lie. If she just focused on her voice rather than performance like she did with Bionic (and that failed to do well, even Britney sold more during Blackout) she'd be a cut above the rest.

Submit reply
TSR Support Team

We have a brilliant team of more than 60 Support Team members looking after discussions on The Student Room, helping to make it a fun, safe and useful place to hang out.

Updated: November 30, 2010
Poll
Do you agree with the PM's proposal to cut tuition fees for some courses?
Useful resources

Articles:

TSR wiki music section

Quick link:

Unanswered music threads

Groups associated with this forum:

View associated groups

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.