The Student Room Group

Acknowledgment from University

Hi, I sent my application on Friday well it was sent my the referee in my college. So far i have only recieved one acknowledgment from UWE and none from, Nottingham Trent, Kingston, BCU and Coventry. Is this normal? :/

Thanksss x
Reply 1
NTU doesn't send out any acknowledgement. I don't know about the other.
Reply 2
Original post by Wanischa
NTU doesn't send out any acknowledgement. I don't know about the other.

o kooool koool
Not all universities/departments give acknowledgements. They don't have to.
Reply 4
Acknowledgements don't mean anything either. They're just for your information, they're not an indicator of anything.
Reply 5
I've only been acknowledged by one of my choices. I've since had two offers...

Some places acknowledge, some don't :smile:
Reply 6
does anyone know if kings, bristol or queen marys give acknowledgments?
dont worry matey. your uni's will get in touch with you. kingston very quick to respond... i got an offer within a week. keep your head up
Reply 8
Original post by air-ninety-one
dont worry matey. your uni's will get in touch with you. kingston very quick to respond... i got an offer within a week. keep your head up

yeee i heard kingston give offers very quick! the wait is just annoyin me tbh loooll! and its only been a few days errr!
Reply 9
thankkks for the reply guys x
Reply 10
I doubt Kings College does as many other users on the forum reported they didn't, Queen Mary sent me an acknowledgement the day after I sent my application (17/11/10) :smile:
Reply 11
Original post by sc0307
does anyone know if kings, bristol or queen marys give acknowledgments?

I have an acknowledgement e-mail from QMUL.
Reply 12
Original post by Javindo

Original post by Javindo
I have an acknowledgement e-mail from QMUL.

how long after ur application was sent off did you get it?
Reply 13
not all universities give out acknowledgements and some are just slow. also i got an offer without being acknowledged from a university that usually gives them out. they mean nothing its just the unis showing common courtesy.
Reply 14
Original post by aprilterri

Original post by aprilterri
not all universities give out acknowledgements and some are just slow. also i got an offer without being acknowledged from a university that usually gives them out. they mean nothing its just the unis showing common courtesy.

oh ok thanks
Reply 15
Original post by arsenal22
I doubt Kings College does as many other users on the forum reported they didn't, Queen Mary sent me an acknowledgement the day after I sent my application (17/11/10) :smile:

kcl do ?
I've only been acknowledged by two, no offers though :cry:
Reply 17
heyy guys :smile: got a offer today from UWE the uni that gave me a acknowledgment .... what it says:

A minimum of 320 UCAS Tariff points from the BTEC National (Which is understandable)

Diploma and a pass at Level 3 in Functional Skills Communication and Application of Number.

(BUT WHAT? ok i didnt put Level 3 functional skills as pending or anywhere on my application but yet they want it? I have adult literacy and adult numeracy level 2 which they said they will accept several times on the telephone and even on email - evidence u see but they want functional skills level 3 which nowhere in Birmingham offers it and not even the college i go offers it, so what shall i do?)
Reply 18
Original post by chemical_bex

Original post by chemical_bex
I've only been acknowledged by two, no offers though :cry:

how long ago did u send it off?
Original post by sc0307
how long ago did u send it off?

Start of the month(November)

Quick Reply