Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

ReputationRep:
    Hi,
    I could do with some help, I have a couple of interviews for adult nursing next week and the programmes suggest that there will a maths and an english test. At the open days they made the test sound pretty simple but I was just wondering if anyone could out my mind at rest by giving an indication of what there like or what is in them?
    Thanks x

ReputationRep:
    Where are you applying to? I didn't get either of these at Bedfordshire so I guess that info is needed!
    Becky

ReputationRep:
    Bournemouth and Southampton. I know there are deffinatley tests for Southampton, I'm hoping there not to hard but i guess i will just have to wait and see :/

ReputationRep:
    Hi
    The maths and english test will be mainly aimed at Level 2 which is equivalent usually to GCSE standard
    so for the mathematics you could get basic addition,subtraction,divison,
    converting fractions into percentages or decimals and viceverversa.The standard GCSE stuff
    For English it could be reading a topic area and answering questions on that topic.
    hope this is of some help to u

My girlfriend did a few of these tests (for child nursing though, same test however) and said they were piss easy.

If you have more than 2 GCSE's (those two being in English and Math) then you have nothing to worry about.

In another note, I posted a thread on here about the questions that they asked my girlfriend when she went to an interview at London South Bank (which she's now at). Some of them are child specific but you can imagine the Adult equivalent.

http://www.thestudentroom.co.uk/show...php?p=26282498

1. See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

2. Poll
    What newspaper do you read/prefer?
  3. See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

4. The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.