The Student Room Group

Trolls

http://www.nytimes.com/2010/11/30/opinion/30zhuo.html?_r=1&hp

interesting read on the causes of trolling.
Good read....thank you.
None of the anti-troll techniques are difficult to bypass. All facebook trolls create new accounts or use stolen accounts (so someone else gets 100s of hateful messages).
Reply 3
What's wrong with winding people on the internets? Trolling's not just an art form people, it's a (sad) lifestyle choice! :awesome:

Trolls are humans too, have some respect and move on people, just move on! :angry:
(edited 13 years ago)
Increased trolls and trolling is mainly due to a lack of policing and troll patrols by Elven warriors often during the concluding months of the year, sad times indeed
In slowly lifting the veil of anonymity, perhaps we can see the troll not as the frightening monster of lore, but as what we all really are: human.

Am I meant to wipe a tear from my eye at this point? :facepalm:

Did anyone actually think that trolls actually are like this:

and hence needed an article to explain to them that they're human beings?

Some may argue that denying Internet users the ability to post anonymously is a breach of their privacy and freedom of expression. But until the age of the Internet, anonymity was a rare thing. When someone spoke in public, his audience would naturally be able to see who was talking.

:lolwut: So the article is arguing for us to get rid of internet anonymity so that there could no longer be anymore internet trolls?

:troll: = Someone who deliberately posts provocative message/messages to cause maximum disruption and argument.
Where would our debate forums be without them you ungrateful people?
(edited 13 years ago)
Reply 6
We love them really.
Reply 7
I love a good troll. What I hate is people that think they are being funny, but in fact are just being fools/dicks/*******s. But that is not why I made the thread.

I do economics, so I'm interesting in why people act in the way they do, so found this quite interesting and just wanted to share. I did not intend to judge trolls or anything.
Reply 8
OP is a troll

/thread
some trolling is funny though
I think people do it just for fun. Perhaps people shouldn't be as sensitive, and detach from normal human interaction.

If a stranger in the street says something offensive to you, don't you just move on and forget it, or make a jibe back?
Trolls are just humen, sirs and sirsisses.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending