Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

ReputationRep:
    Only new to all this, Has anyone got any advice on interview for J. Moore (Early Years) I don't know what to expect!!!

ReputationRep:
    Not really sure how much help I can be. I do Primary Teaching at Hope.

Just when you go try and show your interested. Smile, don't be the one at the back if their taking you on a tour first. By all means don't feel you have to appear like a suck up. When I went on my interview I was terrified... but there are hundreds of applicants in the same spot. Dont stay quiet when everyone is gathering to be registered and waiting around, talk to someone. Ask them where there from, say your nervous, joke about any silly requirements their asking you to do prior to your interview. If they dont open up to you leave it for a bit and try someone else. Heck you might make a few friends in the line. It not only takes the edge off the nerves but I remember in my interview I was chatting away to a girl and a guy I'd never met before however my interviewer saw us having a bit of a laugh and chatting away and came up to us and was asking if we already knew each other. With professions like early years, or any forms going along teaching you need to demonstrate your ability to work well with others, so there is a chance to help warm you up or demonstrate it before your interview and allowing you to chat to your interviewers.. TAKE IT!

At the end of the day, their not going to be bad if you are willing to step into the environment, talk to some new people, and be able to say exactly why you want to go to that university or why you want to take this course and enthusiasm to any experience you've had in the past.

Good luck! Hope it's of any use.

• See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    Brexit voters: Do you stand by your vote?
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
    Hide
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.