Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

applying to uni, where do i start?? help! Watch

ReputationRep:
    Iv completed 2years at college and achieved triple distinction. I never felt ready for uni, so now I'm attending college for another year, as a gap year, but I'm in education so I can still learn and make use of free education.

Because I'm classed as a first year, my tutor won't help me with applying to uni. He thinks I should wait until iv completed an extra year...!!

My theory is I can apply this year, and if u don't get into any unis I also have the year after to apply again.
    I have spoke to my last years tutor and he's helping me a great deal, but as he has other students of his own, he's sorting them out first...which is fair.
    So far im picking my personal statement up tomorrow, after the careers team at college have checked it. So tomorrow im going to send it off and complete my details.
    What do I do after this?

• See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    Did TEF Bronze Award affect your UCAS choices?
    Useful resources

Groups associated with this forum:

View associated groups
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.