Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

my dad has high blood pressure, should i feel guilty? Watch

My Dad has had high blood pressure 4 a while and now he told me its got worse and the doc prescribed him with stronger meds. I think it may be my fault coz although compared 2 some other girls my age i dont make life hard 4 him, my family is complicated and its probably got 2 do with me.
    U see my Mum died when I was 13 and i live with my Dad and my sis. I think my Dad feels responsible that i should turn out how my Mum wouldve wanted. They both are/were very religious and keep all sorts of ancient commandments and do all sorts of strange things. I also lived that way until a few months ago when I turned 18 and decided its all retarded. 4 my Dads sake I try 2 dress the part of a religious kid etc but noone is fooled. I do what i want in my room but I live in a community of retards and i feel like i live in a foreign country where noone speaks my language. My classmates either want nothing to do with me or are trying to save my soul so I am very lonely and sad and I hardly talk 2 my dad i feel like we have nothing in common and anything i say will just make him more upset. I once tried explaining things to him but i just ended up crying and he didnt know what to say.
    Basically i think he's probably really stressed from it all and maybe feeling like he failed my Mum who he really loved. I feel so guilty, any advice?

ReputationRep:
    Temporary high blood pressure may be related to stress but more permanent high bloody pressure, which your dad most probably has because otherwise the doctors wouldn't put him up a dose of meds, is highly unlikely to have been caused by you. Don't worry about it He may feel like he has failed your mum, but he will love you for being your own person, you are his daughter

ReputationRep:
    Tell him to stop eating salt.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by No Man)
    Tell him to stop eating salt.
    Hey u may have a point there. Guess who ends up doing the cooking? Urs truly so thats not a bad idea. Still doesnt change the fact that i probably have caused it 2 some extent and that makes me feel horrible but im not willing 2 live my life 4 him. Its my life and Im not gonna do all that stupid stuff just 2 pls him so I guess i will just have 2 lower the salt levels and hope 4 the best

ReputationRep:
    Anon fail.

And it's not your fault.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by StephenP91)
    Anon fail.

And it's not your fault.
    Yeah just realised i dint post it anon. Never mind, last night was feeling shy, now doesnt really bother me. What makes u think its not my fault? I think it definitely is 2 some extent though its his fault 4 having kids (though he dint reckon on being the one looking after them).

Submit reply
TSR Support Team

We have a brilliant team of more than 60 Support Team members looking after discussions on The Student Room, helping to make it a fun, safe and useful place to hang out.

Updated: December 1, 2010
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    What newspaper do you read/prefer?
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.