Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

ReputationRep:
    For a part time job, what age can you work at sainsburies..
    And is it any good?

Thx

- Please quote if you would like a reply

ReputationRep:
    Part time jobs with big companies, within the UK you have to be 16 and to have a national insurance number (which you should automatically get at 16)
    Sainsburys as I've heard are a good company to work before because they pay the same part time regardless of age

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Miss.)
    For a part time job, what age can you work at sainsburies..
    And is it any good?

Thx

- Please quote if you would like a reply
    I have a part time job there at the moment. It's only a Christmas temp job so I started at the beginning of November until middle of January but they've said they usually keep most temps on. (I hope so anyway)
    It's a really good place to work, I am really enjoying it. I currently work on the checkouts. The pay is good, I'm 17 and get £4.76 a hour and work 12 hours a week. There is loads of overtime going if you need it and yeah I just generally really like the whole atmosphere there. Hope that helps

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by somerr)
    I have a part time job there at the moment. It's only a Christmas temp job so I started at the beginning of November until middle of January but they've said they usually keep most temps on. (I hope so anyway)
    It's a really good place to work, I am really enjoying it. I currently work on the checkouts. The pay is good, I'm 17 and get £4.76 a hour and work 12 hours a week. There is loads of overtime going if you need it and yeah I just generally really like the whole atmosphere there. Hope that helps
    Hi thanks for the information.
    Whats the maxuim of the hours you can work in the UK?

ReputationRep:
    i have absolutely no idea! sorry

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Miss.)
    Hi thanks for the information.
    Whats the maxuim of the hours you can work in the UK?
    The Sainsbury's store I work for don't like you do to more than 39 hours a week.

On a legal basis, I genuinely don't know if there is a limit. I know many people who work 50-60 hour weeks all the time, for example.

You can work for Sainsbury's from 16 - once you have an NI number. They pay above the minimum wage I believe but currently operate a different pay-per-hour rate for under 18s to over 18s. As a company to work for, I don't have any major complaints. Things can be a bit disorganised [eg, been working there for nearly 2 months and my uniform still hasn't arrived yet] but on the whole, it is good. And, as mentioned, there can be good levels of overtime available. I did an extra 26 hours in the past two weeks. They have since offered me more but I turned it down - I need to do some university work instead lol!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by affinity89)
    The Sainsbury's store I work for don't like you do to more than 39 hours a week.

On a legal basis, I genuinely don't know if there is a limit. I know many people who work 50-60 hour weeks all the time, for example.

You can work for Sainsbury's from 16 - once you have an NI number. They pay above the minimum wage I believe but currently operate a different pay-per-hour rate for under 18s to over 18s. As a company to work for, I don't have any major complaints. Things can be a bit disorganised [eg, been working there for nearly 2 months and my uniform still hasn't arrived yet] but on the whole, it is good. And, as mentioned, there can be good levels of overtime available. I did an extra 26 hours in the past two weeks. They have since offered me more but I turned it down - I need to do some university work instead lol!
    Hi thanks for the info!
    It really helped

ReputationRep:
    How do I apply there? I look on the careers site every day and nothing ever turns up in the West Midlands.

ReputationRep:
    Keep checking it daily, thats what I did and was lucky enough to spot a vacancy at my local store, it was only on the website a few days.

• See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    Will you be richer or poorer than your parents?
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.