Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

ReputationRep:
    My problem is whenever I get back from school I'm always tired! Often too tired to do my homework- or atleast to do more than the bare minimum. I rarely am able to do extra work e.g.-going over what i do in the lesson or doing a bit of revision. I'm currently doing my AS levels in lower sixth and this is starting to become a problem.

Whats even worse is I often get headaches (which ruin my concentration levels) at school which last all day, it seems that this is linked to the amount of food I eat because the school portions are tiny and my metabolism is very fast. I'm not certain maybe its to do with stress, but I don't consciously think I'm really that stressed. I've been having these headaches for years now, I hardly ever get them when I'm on not at school and it seems they don;t happen when I've eaten enough.

Help I need some advice, this wasn't a problem at GCSE level but I've got to start doing a bit of work for AS levels. How can I end my after-school lethargy and what can I do to stop my headaches?

ReputationRep:
    I would go to the doctor's and get a blood test if I were you. Had a very similar problem a while ago, turned out I was very anaemic, although it could also be low blood sugar if it's the quantity of food that's affecting you. Either way best to go check if you think it's not just stress, or if you're not sure. Hope that helps a little

ReputationRep:
    i suggest going to bed earlier and balancing out the time when you work and when you don't.. maybe it's a good idea to dedicate just an hour straight after school to do some extra work as i do think it is stress related. gd luck

Submit reply
TSR Support Team

We have a brilliant team of more than 60 Support Team members looking after discussions on The Student Room, helping to make it a fun, safe and useful place to hang out.

Updated: December 1, 2010
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    What newspaper do you read/prefer?
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.