Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

ReputationRep:
    Hey
    Anyone else considering Newcastle University as your Confirmed choice for Law in 2011??

I now have all my offers for Law and I'm considering putting Newcastle as my confirmed and Northumbria as my insurance.
    Anyone attending the Law Open Day on 15th Dec also?

I'd be happy to say hey

ReputationRep:
    Hi me too!! I am not sure its either
    Newcastle, Northumbria orr Durham if I get an offer from them
    But
    I am going to thw open day
    I guess we will know better when we are there surpose!!!

ReputationRep:
    Offer for Law M100
    Application sent: 29th Oct
    Offer received: 14th Dec

ReputationRep:
    Went to the open day last wednesday and absolutely loved not only the law department but the university and city as a whole. Debating whether to firm Newcastle or Bristol if I get an offer from there.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by JackT180)
    Went to the open day last wednesday and absolutely loved not only the law department but the university and city as a whole. Debating whether to firm Newcastle or Bristol if I get an offer from there.
    Me too!! :L I wonder did I see you? Or if you were in my group :L I'm really stoked now, it was awesome. Plus the mini law lecture made me really interested now in counter terrorism yay law!!! What were your opinions on the law building?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by ambermax)
    Hi me too!! I am not sure its either
    Newcastle, Northumbria orr Durham if I get an offer from them
    But
    I am going to thw open day
    I guess we will know better when we are there surpose!!!
    hey what did you think of the open day?!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by rachlala14)
    Me too!! :L I wonder did I see you? Or if you were in my group :L I'm really stoked now, it was awesome. Plus the mini law lecture made me really interested now in counter terrorism yay law!!! What were your opinions on the law building?
    Haha ye you probably did! i was in the group with the weird ginger kid, with the cap? only 2 girls in my group though so i doubt you were in mine! But ye, it really was good, when i saw the building from the outside i thought it was too small and didn't look great, but when i was inside the fact its so compact and everyone knew everyone i really liked, as well as the fact they said you can just go and see lecturers anytime if you have a problem so by the end I absolutely loved it! what did you think? is it your first choice?

ReputationRep:
    Haha ye you probably did! i was in the group with the weird ginger kid, with the cap? only 2 girls in my group though so i doubt you were in mine! But ye, it really was good, when i saw the building from the outside i thought it was too small and didn't look great, but when i was inside the fact its so compact and everyone knew everyone i really liked, as well as the fact they said you can just go and see lecturers anytime if you have a problem so by the end I absolutely loved it! what did you think? is it your first choice?
    OMFG I was in your group! Haha how bizarre is that?! I was the girl in the blue coat with the brown hair that probably asked too many questions :L that boy...at first I was like 'is he part of the university?'...then it dawned on me he was a potential applicant :L the cap, dirty tracksuit bottoms and filthy shoes were a bit odd to say the least - not a very good first impression :L I'm the northern irish one haha :L the leaders of our group seemed awesome, I hope there's people equally as nice if we go but yeah that is crazy!

ReputationRep:
    OMFG I was in your group! Haha how bizarre is that?! I was the girl in the blue coat with the brown hair that probably asked too many questions :L that boy...at first I was like 'is he part of the university?'...then it dawned on me he was a potential applicant :L the cap, dirty tracksuit bottoms and filthy shoes were a bit odd to say the least - not a very good first impression :L I'm the northern irish one haha :L the leaders of our group seemed awesome, I hope there's people equally as nice if we go but yeah that is crazy!
    Wow that is weird! haha, ye i remember you! but ye he was a bit weird that guy everytime he come close to me i just tried to avoid eye contact haha! but yes, our tour people did seem really nice, and genuinely enthusiastic about the uni which was good, might be seeing you there next year then!

ReputationRep:
    Wow that is weird! haha, ye i remember you! but ye he was a bit weird that guy everytime he come close to me i just tried to avoid eye contact haha! but yes, our tour people did seem really nice, and genuinely enthusiastic about the uni which was good, might be seeing you there next year then!
    Hopefully, but getting 3A's is easier said than done! I do four subjects which is annoying, and I need to kick myself into gear to start revision! I'm useless! What subjects do you do? If you have Facebook you can add me - http://www.facebook.com/profile.php?id=583175416

ReputationRep:
    Hopefully, but getting 3A's is easier said than done! I do four subjects which is annoying, and I need to kick myself into gear to start revision! I'm useless! What subjects do you do? If you have Facebook you can add me - http://www.facebook.com/profile.php?id=583175416
    Ye thats true, not looking forward to these next few months at all with revision! Hopefully will be worth it when its all over though! and ahh, what 4 subjects are those? can imagine thats hard work haha, and I do Law, Sociology and Geography, what were your AS Grades, and A2 predictions? I'm personally relieved I've just had some offers, hate the waiting, I'm definitely too impatient! :P

ReputationRep:
    Ye thats true, not looking forward to these next few months at all with revision! Hopefully will be worth it when its all over though! and ahh, what 4 subjects are those? can imagine thats hard work haha, and I do Law, Sociology and Geography, what were your AS Grades, and A2 predictions? I'm personally relieved I've just had some offers, hate the waiting, I'm definitely too impatient! :P
    I do English Literature, History, Geography and Religion = lots of writing haha. Here in NI we can't do Law as an A level which sucks, but hopefully that won't be a disadvantage! I got 4A's at AS level and I'm predicted A*A*AA but whether or not I'll get that is another story :P Likewise, how'd you do in AS/ A level predicted grades?

ReputationRep:
    I do English Literature, History, Geography and Religion = lots of writing haha. Here in NI we can't do Law as an A level which sucks, but hopefully that won't be a disadvantage! I got 4A's at AS level and I'm predicted A*A*AA but whether or not I'll get that is another story :P Likewise, how'd you do in AS/ A level predicted grades?
    Can't imagine them subjects are too good for your hand haha, and ahh thats annoying, it is a really good subject, but to be honest not studying it at A Level doesn't make any difference to your understanding at university as far as I'm aware. Wow, they're a good set of grades!! I got AAAB at AS, the B in English Language, and predicted A*A*A for A2, but as you say, its a different story trying to get them grades! haha, sure we'll be fine!

ReputationRep:
    Can't imagine them subjects are too good for your hand haha, and ahh thats annoying, it is a really good subject, but to be honest not studying it at A Level doesn't make any difference to your understanding at university as far as I'm aware. Wow, they're a good set of grades!! I got AAAB at AS, the B in English Language, and predicted A*A*A for A2, but as you say, its a different story trying to get them grades! haha, sure we'll be fine!
    hope you had a good christmas!! I have done NO revision yet and I feel like a complete waster :L
    I should probably give up on the 3A's idea now....

ReputationRep:
    hope you had a good christmas!! I have done NO revision yet and I feel like a complete waster :L
    I should probably give up on the 3A's idea now....
    Ye it was brilliant thanks, hope you did too! and hahaa, are your exams in january ye? I'm sure you'll be fine, I'm lucky in the fact that all of mine aren't until june, so I have quite a bit of time left! :P

ReputationRep:
    hey what did you think of the open day?!
    Hi sorry for the late reply-i really like Newcastle Uni-I think it may be my first choice!!! Btw can you remember me? Connor-tall brown hair I was wearing a blue chequered jacket-if you were in my room I was the one with the local accent-Sunderland haha
    what did you think?

ReputationRep:
    Hi sorry for the late reply-i really like Newcastle Uni-I think it may be my first choice!!! Btw can you remember me? Connor-tall brown hair I was wearing a blue chequered jacket-if you were in my room I was the one with the local accent-Sunderland haha
    what did you think?
    I don't remember you but pleased to meet you :L haha i LOVED it
    Lucky you, you won't have very far to travel...I'm an hour's flight and then two hours drive away from home if I go
    But I absolutely love Newcastle what subjects dya do?! Feel free to add me on facebook if you wish, the link is somewhere up there ^^

ReputationRep:
    Ye it was brilliant thanks, hope you did too! and hahaa, are your exams in january ye? I'm sure you'll be fine, I'm lucky in the fact that all of mine aren't until june, so I have quite a bit of time left! :P
    No thank god I have no repeats or I would actually be beyond screwed...In June, I have 5 modules in one week which is..scary :L
    Kill Me Now is crossing my mind.... :L

ReputationRep:
    I don't remember you but pleased to meet you :L haha i LOVED it
    Lucky you, you won't have very far to travel...I'm an hour's flight and then two hours drive away from home if I go
    But I absolutely love Newcastle what subjects dya do?! Feel free to add me on facebook if you wish, the link is somewhere up there ^^
    Hi and I have added you on facebook-nice to mett you btw haha
    You travelled for ages!!! I am pleased you like it though-at least it wasnt a wasted journey lol
    and I do Law, Philosophy and Ethics of Religion and English Language and Literature=3 haha-just very long names lol how about you?

ReputationRep:

Hi and I have added you on facebook-nice to mett you btw haha
    You travelled for ages!!! I am pleased you like it though-at least it wasnt a wasted journey lol
    and I do Law, Philosophy and Ethics of Religion and English Language and Literature=3 haha-just very long names lol how about you?
    I do English Literature, History, Geography and Religion...let's just say I've been revising since 1pm and my hand kills haha :L
    Another person who does Law ahhh I dont do law which I hope isnt to my disadvantage, but my aunt is a barrister and my uncle is a solicitor and a judge so I just ask them loads of questions :L
    I am starting to wonder why there's no other girls joining this thread :L i hope I'm not the only one :L

• See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    Brexit voters: Do you stand by your vote?
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
    Hide
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.