I salute you!

ReputationRep:
    Why thankyou

ReputationRep:
    Too cold **** that

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by wavey93)
    I salute you!
    As do I. I agree with the proposed rises, but I also agree that others feel strongly about it and should exercise their right to demonstrate that.

However, in regards to the people who were launching fireworks and just there to be general pricks? I lament..

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by hollyone)
    Still cannot see how a student can agree with a rise. There is no rational foundation for this opinion other than being a sadist. Dont give up the fight people. You are being majestically conned and people who do agree with the rise are full of sh*t or full of apathy or maybe both.

But I tell you this for nothing your future depends on you for the sake of your children and for the country as a whole because polarisation will render the country too miserable to exist in a correct and functional manner. It is no coincidence that the attacks on education over the last 10 years has become synonymous with attacks on free speech and the right to protest and even the right to live without fear of one form or another. The dumber you become the more control exerted over you as a human being.

What is in store for your children if you allow them to be educated to the status of a half wit? They will think that violence is ok as long as it is made against them by men who should protect them instead.

BIG UP THE STUDENTS

Even a 15 year schoolkid knows the deal so what's with these weirdos in universities who agree with politicians who lie shamelessly and who want to suck you dry? This is totally and utterlty bizaar. Seriously get a grip and show some honour.

[/QUOTE]

hyperbolic. 'What is in store for your children if you allow them to be educated to the status of a half wit?' I'm against the rise in fees but our children will still be educated if they choose, they will just be paying it back for far longer in line with their income.
    and I very much doubt that he 'knows the deal' his speech was very general and didn't express much knowledge on the economics of all this.
    • Political Ambassador

ReputationRep:
    These protesters that compalin that police do not let them do their march do annoy me though. Maybe if you could control your own protesters then you might be allowed to. Plenty of protests go with out violence plenty of marches were done throughout the country and most were peaceful.

ReputationRep:
    Was at the protest in Manchester - great spirit from everyone, I think an estimated 1500 turned up, I guess some didn't want to come because of the cold. Peaceful protest, yet vocally raucous. Of course, the media does **** all in mentioning or even bringing to light a peaceful protest. It's drawn me to the conclusion that if you want to make the headlines, and be in the news, and make sure politicians actually hear about your protest; use some form of violence, or atleast have some degree of 'rioting'.

It's violence that sells, unfortunately, and so although they complain, the media really brings it upon themselves when they only publish our protests if there's some form of rioting. What good is a protest if the politicians don't even know it's going on.

ReputationRep:
    ...sorry, what are they protesting against, exactly?

ReputationRep:
    Was today's protest 'peaceful' as they claimed it would be on the facebook events page?

ReputationRep:
    I'm against the rise in fees but our children will still be educated if they choose, they will just be paying it back for far longer in line with their income.
    [/QUOTE]

So long that they'll still be paying it back when their own kids go to uni (if they even get to go to uni - I'm guessing the fees will have gone up even higher by then).

• See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    What newspaper do you read/prefer?
    Useful resources

Groups associated with this forum:

View associated groups
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.