Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

ReputationRep:
    What should I get for xmas this year? I really enjoy cars and f1 and likewise enjoyed GT3 and GRID.

F1 2010 looks as if the career mode would be more fun as it has some kind of substance, but I was thinking that 2011 might be out soon in time for the start of the next season.

On the other hand, GT5 would keep me busy for ages with all the tracks and cars. It also has split-screen multiplayer and better graphics. But the single player at times might be a bit repetitive perhaps.

ReputationRep:
    I haven't touched f1 since gt came out. F1 is really enjoyable but i feel gt has more variety, longetivity. Both games have plenty of problems but i think you're better waiting for f1 2011 to come out

ReputationRep:
    F12010 only came out in September so I doubt it'll be out any time soon. I have both and they're quite different. It really depends on what you want. For a strict racing game F12010. The AI are better and race tracks seem more atmospheric. If you want depth and more things to do GT5.

ReputationRep:
    GT5 has a wider range of vehicles to choose from, including two F1 cars, the Ferrari F10 and the Ferrari F2007. If you are a hardcore fan of racing games and want ultra-realistic physics, then I suggest that you go for GT5. But, if you want close racing and a good experience, then I think you should get F1 2010 as the AI is much better than GT5.

ReputationRep:
    If you want hardcore physics - go to iracing!

F1 2011 will be out same time as 2010 was. This is the locked in yearly release schedule.
    I personally love F1 2010. The fact I'm a huge F1 fan has a lot to do with that. To me, it has all the tracks and all the cars I'd ever want to race. Forza was very much a stop gap for me.
    Saying that, GT does look good. I'd like a go.

ReputationRep:
    I own both F1 2010 and GT5, and i'm leaning more towards F1 2010, mainly because I'm finding GT5 kinda sluggish as you drive in normal cars, not F1 cars, and you don't get that sense of speed in GT5. Both are great games, but I'm enjoying F1 2010 more as its F1, and I will go as far as saying that graphics are better, especially the track creation and rain graphics. GT5 has awesome car recreation, but the track modelling and aesthetics is not what you would expect from a game thats been in development for around 5 years.

ReputationRep:
    GT5 all the way!!!

Plus F1 2010 is currently dirt cheap (£24.99 atm) - My point being get both if you've got the monies.

ReputationRep:
    F1 2010 has absolutely no pick up and play factor at all. The bugs that were in the game have alienated a lot of players. Codemasters have, as always, made a game which looks lovely but just isn't up to it.
    I've been looking forward to an F1 game for the xbox for years but when it was announced Codies had got the rights, I just knew something would go wrong.

I don't have GT5 but GT4 remains the greatest game I have ever played. I bet GT5 is just as good.

ReputationRep:
    GTR 5

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Schumacher)
    F1 2010 has absolutely no pick up and play factor at all. The bugs that were in the game have alienated a lot of players. Codemasters have, as always, made a game which looks lovely but just isn't up to it.
    I've been looking forward to an F1 game for the xbox for years but when it was announced Codies had got the rights, I just knew something would go wrong.

I don't have GT5 but GT4 remains the greatest game I have ever played. I bet GT5 is just as good.
    What sort of bugs are in the game? Is it really game breaking?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by blatchcorn)
    What sort of bugs are in the game? Is it really game breaking?
    I would say so. Computer sometimes does not pit during races. Lap times set by the ai in practice sessions are fake. Can't pit if ai is in front of you in the pit lane.

This video sums it up well: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=B6GhQ6980Fc

Submit reply
TSR Support Team

We have a brilliant team of more than 60 Support Team members looking after discussions on The Student Room, helping to make it a fun, safe and useful place to hang out.

Updated: December 1, 2010
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    What newspaper do you read/prefer?
    Useful resources

Quick link:

Unanswered gaming threads

Groups associated with this forum:

View associated groups
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.