Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

Woman Claims Ownership of the Sun - and Wants to Charge Everyone Who Uses It. Watch

ReputationRep:
    Source from the Daily Mail: http://preview.tinyurl.com/2arlwep

Basically, a Spanish woman says she owns the Sun, the result of a loop-hole in international law. She wants to tax us for using it. Good for her, but she can jog on if she thinks we're going to fork out for the privilege of having the Sun shine on us (which, let's be frank, is a rarity in the UK). Quite funny though, don't you think? If only I'd thought of this before.

ReputationRep:
    But she's forcing this service upon us... it's not like we're getting the option to not use it and not have to pay.

ReputationRep:
    Narcissistic Personality Disorder :dontknow:

ReputationRep:
    This sounds like a job for nananananananan na na na na rauol moat rauol moat rauol moat rauol moat . Um....guys....someone......anyon e......I....err...know where the door is *shuffles towards the exit* *renters room* *takes complimentary after eight for the road*

ReputationRep:
    Awesome, I wish I'd thought of this.

Actually, she can have the sun if she wants it. Bagsy the moon.

ReputationRep:
    Can I claim oxygen and start charging?

ReputationRep:
    I say we let her. This and I'll sue her ass off for all those sunburns I had all my life!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by G8D)
    Oops. I didn't read the article. :ahee:

• See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    Did TEF Bronze Award affect your UCAS choices?
    Useful resources
    AtCTs

Ask the Community Team

Got a question about the site content or our moderation? Ask here.

Welcome Lounge

Welcome Lounge

We're a friendly bunch. Post here if you're new to TSR.

Groups associated with this forum:

View associated groups
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.