Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

ReputationRep:
    Me and my brother want to go on an adventure style holiday this summer which is physically chalenging, hopefully not too expensive. Anyone got any good ideas

ReputationRep:
    Budget? (each)

Hiking/rock climbing? Loads of places you can go.

ReputationRep:
    Dunno about £1000 each probably, don't care too much where we go although somewhere out of Europe would be good. We aren't too into climbing though i was thinking something like kayaking though not really sure how we would go about that

ReputationRep:
    New Zealands pretty good for that kinda stuff? Dunno if thats too expensive though...

ReputationRep:
    - You can do a 7-10 day course in Slovakia and get your solo paragliding license for €290.
    - Several Indian government training centres run 2 week courses in rafting, kayaking, sailing and skiing, and 4 week courses in mountaineering. $330 for 2 weeks.
    - Via Ferrats in the Dolomites
    - Learn to scuba dive in the uk with bsac. Believe it or not, it's one of the cheapest ways to learn and we have som of the best wreck diving

£1000 each? Find another three hundred each and you've got enough for a fun month in south America, all in. Or pretty much anywhere else in the developing world.

ReputationRep:
    Slovenia is pretty good for the whole adventure thing. A kayaking club I go to had a trip there once, and it's pretty too.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by brabzzz)
    - You can do a 7-10 day course in Slovakia and get your solo paragliding license for €290.
    - Several Indian government training centres run 2 week courses in rafting, kayaking, sailing and skiing, and 4 week courses in mountaineering. $330 for 2 weeks.
    - Via Ferrats in the Dolomites
    - Learn to scuba dive in the uk with bsac. Believe it or not, it's one of the cheapest ways to learn and we have som of the best wreck diving

£1000 each? Find another three hundred each and you've got enough for a fun month in south America, all in. Or pretty much anywhere else in the developing world.
    If you can get yourself there I would definitely recommend South America for adventure/extreme sports, it's so ridiculously cheap. I was just in Peru, the last activity I did was spending three days rock climbing, canyoning, trekking and a bridge jump for 260 soles, which is £58!!

• See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    Did TEF Bronze Award affect your UCAS choices?
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.