Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

ReputationRep:
    Is the diversity of cultures within the university quite varied? What's the majority?

ReputationRep:
    When I went to the open day, the mix of people attending was extremely varied. Lots of different cultures and whatnot.

ReputationRep:
    Asians I guess...

ReputationRep:
    did you get an offer there?? i did! its meant to be quite asian (when i say asian i meant brown :P)

ReputationRep:
    I've heard it's chock-a-block fulla brownies. Which is cool, as I'm a brownie myself but I don't want to get dragged into one corner and isolate myself from everyone else for the duration of university. Are they those type of brownies?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by FoSho')
    I've heard it's chock-a-block fulla brownies. Which is cool, as I'm a brownie myself but I don't want to get dragged into one corner and isolate myself from everyone else for the duration of university. Are they those type of brownies?
    They're mainly not those type of brownies, no. There are people from all different cultures and everybody i've met seems pretty friendly and welcoming!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Spannerhawk)
    They're mainly not those type of brownies, no. There are people from all different cultures and everybody i've met seems pretty friendly and welcoming!
    Shweeet. Just swapped Southampton for City

ReputationRep:
    Yeah it's pretty good. Packed full of asians which isn't a problem as most are fine with hanging out with everyone. Are a few asians (mostly the foreign ones, not British asians) who will only speak amongst themselves though which is a bit annoying, especially when you have to work in teams.

ReputationRep:
    When I went to my interview there were only 5 white people, about 7 asians and the rest were black.

Not a problem for meeeeee :3

But yeah, its pretty all over the place.

ReputationRep:
    I was hoping that there wern't too many asians! I'm also asian and im kinda sick of seeing soo many of them lol I guess i'm not gonna go cass then!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Trece13)
    I was hoping that there wern't too many asians! I'm also asian and im kinda sick of seeing soo many of them lol I guess i'm not gonna go cass then!
    Cass is considerably less Asian-y

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Neville 'Facking' Bartos)
    Cass is considerably less Asian-y
    Is located away from the actual city building? or do they share the same lecture rooms and stuff? And how is the crowd at cass if you don't mind me asking. Thanks

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Trece13)
    Is located away from the actual city building? or do they share the same lecture rooms and stuff? And how is the crowd at cass if you don't mind me asking. Thanks
    Undergrads based in the same building (Northampton), Cass is more diverse, main groups are UK students, Russian speakers, Continentals, Chinese and Indians I would say

ReputationRep:
    There was a real mixture at the selection day i went to. The student mix at city really reflects the ethnic mix of london as a whole if you think about it.

• See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    What newspaper do you read/prefer?
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.